Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glenwood Springs, CO

mikefos
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy,
Rearranging our planned New Mexico stays in first half of August to hopefully Glenwood Springs, CO area, due to NM quarantine business for out of state travelers now in effect. Any suggestions for full hookup parks around Glenwood Springs?
Thanks,
Mike
Mike and Kim
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 308RETS, TST 507 TPMS
2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison, 2WD, Long Bed, Crew Cab, Duraflaps, AMP Bedstep
Equal-i-zer 1400/14K Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
You might look in Rifle SP maybe 1/2 hour from Glenwood Springs.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
The KOA in Glenwood Springs is a really nice KOA. We've stayed there twice & enjoyed our stay. Newer park (I think) with plenty of space.
You must be referring to the KOA in Silt. It's about 10 miles west of GWS. There is no KOA in GWS.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA in Glenwood Springs is a really nice KOA. We've stayed there twice & enjoyed our stay. Newer park (I think) with plenty of space.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
The Carbondale KOA is great - BUT no FHUs that I am aware of. We had a riverside site, which may have made the difference (it was water & electric only). Dump station is tricky to use. But we loved the place!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Obviously I haven't stayed at any of them, but some observations:

Ami's Acres overlooks the interstate so may be noisy.

Glenwood Canyon Resort has a nice setting. A little pricey and fills often.

Down by Carbondale is a KOA. Really nice setting on the river. Near great drives up to Marble or Maroon Bells. Fills often.

Past the KOA on CO 133 is a NFS CG. Redstone CG has some sites with water and electric but no sewer. I believe they have showers there too (unusual for NFS CG's here in CO). Pretty full, but keep an eye on Recreation.gov and you can often pick up a spot as people's plans change and they cancel reservations.

One often overlooked option is Gateway RV park by Carbondale. A few FHU sites. Owned and run by the city of Carbondale. Worth checking out to see if they have any spots. Right near the intersection of CO 82 and CO 133 but below grade so reasonably quiet. Right on the paved Rio Grande Trail, a converted rail grade for walking or biking.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)