cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propane Regulation

jakeworrell8
Explorer
Explorer
I have recently purchased a Blackstone griddle that uses a 1lb regulated attachment. I have bought a hose to use with my camper’s quick attach propane connection. I know the propane fed through the camper is already regulated. Once connected to my grill, it goes through another regulator, so the grill does not get as hot as it should. Is there an adapter to bypass the grill’s regulator, and is it safe?
6 REPLIES 6

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my coleman grill, I unscrewed the regulator/bottle attachment, plumbed in a quick disconnect line to run of trailer propane. IRC, it was attached via 1/8" NPT.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Going from memory, isn't the Blackstone regulator at the bottle connection? Use the appropriate adapter to connect the hose directly to the griddle. Mine works fine from the low pressure quick connect.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
on my blackstone, there was an accessory to use with a regulated propane as well as the standard attachment for use with a 1lb bottle or unregulated propane. When I got mine, blackstone sold the low pressure accessory.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I would add try to get the Stainless steel braided ones if possible. Squirles ate through my rubber one last trip. Supposedly they dont like the braided ones.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DRucge4w1UGA&v...
This is how I did mine, it hooks in before the RV regulator.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
This will do it easily and safely.
Torjik
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand