Fridge 120 volt

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
Bear with me as I am on the phone in the bush
Dometic RM1350SLMX 2 years old
Doesn’t cool on electric
Control says it’s on. No error message
There is power at the plug. Anything I can check past that?
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Byrogie wrote:
I will check tomorrow
However I see 32 amp draw on the inverter panel when I use the batteries
Previously was on generator so couldn’t see the draw.
So if it is drawing power can the element still be bad?

Lets make it easier. DOES it work on LP? If so, then the 120 circuit has a fault regardless of your Inverter panel. If you still have it on 120, open up the back outside access door and quickly feel the Burner casing cover. If HOT or warm then the 120 element is working. You do NOT state what RV you have, but very few have the RV absorbsion refer connected to the Inverter. Doug

PS. to answer your 32 amp question quicker. Just turn the refer OFF. Does the 32 amp draw go away?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
32 amp draw on the inverter panel is only a bit over 300 watts. If the Fridge is the ONLY thing on the panel then the heat element is working but if you have TV's Sat Receivers and other stuff. Well turn off the Fridge and see what the amp draw is. the Delta-A is the power used by the fridge (should bet around 350-400 watts)

I replaced my cooling unit with a new Absorption unit and am very happy with it.
Had a couple occasions a couple months back where I was glad I had an absorption unit and NOT a compressor unit (Long term power fail. one area wide one half park wide).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
If it is drawing 32 amps, then the element may be fine. But the cooling unit may be shot.

If it is, I'd retro fit a compressor unit.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
I will check tomorrow
However I see 32 amp draw on the inverter panel when I use the batteries
Previously was on generator so couldn’t see the draw.
So if it is drawing power can the element still be bad?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There is a fuse on the rear Refer control board. If that fuse is GOOD, check for 120 between the 2- 120 element wires. If those wires have 120, then the Heat Element is bad. There is NO indication or error for 120 failure on Dometic refers. You need to switch to Manual LP. Doug

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Byrogie wrote:
Bear with me as I am on the phone in the bush
Dometic RM1350SLMX 2 years old
Doesn’t cool on electric
Control says it’s on. No error message
There is power at the plug. Anything I can check past that?

See if there is a fuse on the control board.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to be somewhat common based on a quick web search. Try this page from a forest river group. forest river

Several comments and suggestions.
Good luck.