cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THOR Quantum 25RC Rear Stabilizer Jack issues

QuantaRey2020
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2019 THOR Quantum that has two rear electrical stabilizing jacks. The Right side works, the Left side doesnt but can be manually raised/lowered if needed. I looked at the wiring below the rig to the main header for the jacks and noticed one of the wiring connections (yellow wire) was burnt and melted the snap connect fitting. If feel this is the reason behind the Left side not working though I'm not an electrician or claim to be one. Is this something that I should attempt to fix or should I take it to an RV shop and have them fix it as I'm wondering why it burnt out and is it a fire hazard concern as the other red wire and connection is looking like it too is starting to discolor to the other wire fitting. Thanks and any advise is greatly appreciated. Rey in Colorado
4 REPLIES 4

QuantaRey2020
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your feedback on this. I really appreciate it!!

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you were in the boonies, what would you do? Learning as much about your toy is part of the RV adventure. Fixing it yourself leaves you the opportunity of helping someone else down the road....with confidence.

But, you always put it in a shop for three weeks and let them fix it.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would have the dealer look at it. My guess is that corrosion has occurred at the wire splices causing higher than normal resistance.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
QuantaRey2020 wrote:
We have a 2019 THOR Quantum that has two rear electrical stabilizing jacks. The Right side works, the Left side doesnt but can be manually raised/lowered if needed. I looked at the wiring below the rig to the main header for the jacks and noticed one of the wiring connections (yellow wire) was burnt and melted the snap connect fitting. If feel this is the reason behind the Left side not working though I'm not an electrician or claim to be one. Is this something that I should attempt to fix or should I take it to an RV shop and have them fix it as I'm wondering why it burnt out and is it a fire hazard concern as the other red wire and connection is looking like it too is starting to discolor to the other wire fitting. Thanks and any advise is greatly appreciated. Rey in Colorado

Got warranty left? I'd get a shop to do it under warranty, if possible.
If not, I might tackle it myself if it wasn't a humidex of 106F here right now. If it just needs a splice and a connector of some sort. Can you see how the right side is wired and duplicate it?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)