Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: HOST Mystery 12vdc power port!!!???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> HOST Mystery 12vdc power port!!!???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
work2much

Jackson Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Randall at Host would know if they installed it. If he says no maybe the unit was sold and returned shortly thereafter. I would think that the dealer would be obligated to disclose that. It's actually a neat feature but really odd that nobody can explain it.

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable LFP battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.
2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2400 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

MaxTrek

Montana

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

Randall at Host would know if they installed it. If he says no maybe the unit was sold and returned shortly thereafter. I would think that the dealer would be obligated to disclose that. It's actually a neat feature but really odd that nobody can explain it.

Randal, from HOST indicated that is not a mfg feature. Hence the mystery. I need to speak to the dealer and learn more about the history.
I agree that it is a neat feature, but it is fused through the main panel for the fuse which servers the dinette slide. If I were to aftermarket install, I would make a higher amperage connection directly to the battery box, which is the same corner.

Chasing Horizons!

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

In most of the states TC are consider cargo, so they don't fall under resale laws.
Would that be in state where registration is required, the dealer could not go around it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> HOST Mystery 12vdc power port!!!???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.