cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overnight stop near Atlanta

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
What is a good overnight stop near Atlanta either on I-85 or I-75?
12 REPLIES 12

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on High Falls. There are 2 campgrounds. The riverside campground is much better than the other one. Electric and water,large sites,showers and laundry.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pine Barren wrote:
Thank you all for your replies will check into them I forgot to mention that I need north of Atlanta on I-75. All sound like good suggestion s and a couple lokblike they might be worth a few days.

On 75 north of ATL, the COrp of Engineers sites on Lake Alatoona would be a good place to stay. It will be hard to get in there on a weekend this time of year, so if you are flexible, weekdays you will be much more likely to find a site.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies will check into them I forgot to mention that I need north of Atlanta on I-75. All sound like good suggestion s and a couple lokblike they might be worth a few days.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
rwess wrote:
High Falls State Park just south of Atlanta or Red Top Mountain State Park north of Atlanta. There are also some nice COE campgrounds around Lake Allatoona on the north side of Atlanta.

High Falls is a great stop. If you're in need of a stop just for the night the Flying J in Jackson has RV parking to the south and Resaca to the north. We've stayed in Jackson on the way to Florida (going through Atlanta at 11pm is much better than during the day), and stumbling over to the Denny's for coffee and breakfast was nice.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
04fxsts wrote:
Altoona Landing!

IIRC we stayed there once on the way back north and would never stay again. We got there late and left early but the staff seemed nice and the campgrounds were also nice. The problem was the train that ran about every hour all night blowing it's whistle every time. Jim.

X2! We stayed once. We were so close to the tracks the ground shook.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Altoona Landing!

IIRC we stayed there once on the way back north and would never stay again. We got there late and left early but the staff seemed nice and the campgrounds were also nice. The problem was the train that ran about every hour all night blowing it's whistle every time. Jim.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've used Forsyth KOA and Atlanta South RV Park for overnights will traveling thru the area. Both adjacent to I-75. I find Atlanta South to be easier to maneuver in and flatter sites, but the KOA is OK too.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allatoona Landing

Allatoona Landing has been one of our overnight stops in our treks to Florida. We're usually there during the off season, and it's very quiet. But, I think it's a real busy place during the camping season.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
High Falls State Park just south of Atlanta or Red Top Mountain State Park north of Atlanta. There are also some nice COE campgrounds around Lake Allatoona on the north side of Atlanta.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thank you both I will check it out

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
There's a KOA in Forsyth, GA off I-75
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Forsyth KOA