Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: My last Home Depot purchase...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> My last Home Depot purchase...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
GravelRider

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/20 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow am I frustrated with Home Depot! About a month ago I ordered a 55 gallon auxiliary water tank online at homedepot.com to use on our upcoming trip to keep us topped off on water in dry camping spots. It was supposed to arrive in a week. A couple of weeks went by and shipping wasn't updated. I called and 45 minutes later had an answer. Supposedly it was shipped, but was missing in transit. However, they said that is their best guess. They couldn't track it, had no record of any movement of the package, and couldn't even verify that they shipped it! They told me that I wouldn't be getting that one and that I need to cancel and reorder. I asked if they could just send me out another one, but they said they couldn't. So, I canceled that order and then placed the same order again.

Again, the same thing happened. The package was supposed to arrive yesterday, but shipping information was never updated. I called them yesterday, and they couldn't tell me whether it had shipped, was out of stock, was waiting to be shipped... Nothing. They suggested that I wait and see if it is delivered. As I suspected, it wasn't delivered yesterday. I got an email today that said it would be delayed 3-4 weeks. Given that I am leaving on my trip in less than two weeks, I called to cancel the order. They told me that I can't cancel the order because it'll be shipped through a third party. They said my only choice was to refuse delivery when it comes (UPS just drops it off, and always while we're at work, and thus unable to refuse it) or to return it in person to my nearest store after I receive it.

I was flabbergasted at this response. In what world am I unable to cancel an order that is running late and won't ship for 3-4 weeks?!? I called my credit card company to just cancel the order and be done with it, and I found out that I haven't been charged yet, and my CC is unable to cancel/refuse future charges.

I called Home Depot back, and they reiterated that I can't cancel my order and have to just wait for it to ship. I won't be able to stop them from charging my card and shipping it to me. Then I'll have another headache to deal with, and the nearest Home Depot to me is 45 minutes away, so if I do get it and need to return it, it's not just right down the street.

Oh, and I also found out from my credit card company that my refund was just credited today, nearly two weeks after I canceled my last order.

I've now spent several hours in total on the phone dealing with this, will undoubtedly spend a couple hours in total returning the **** thing once it arrives, and will have to wait in limbo before I can even do anything further with this, which will certainly be another time-consuming nightmare.

This will be the last Home Depot purchase I ever make.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/20 11:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

about 7-yrs ago we were “slammed” by an unethical comcast agent. he signed us up for an upgrade we never ordered. the only way i found out was an e-mail informing us of the upgrade and that my
new equipment would ve shipped. it took a few calls and transfers that morning but i finally reached the right “suit” and told him the story. i also informed him that i was refusing the delivery and that he had better stop it from being shipped because if it arrived i would leave it outside. we received a credit on the account and the equipment never showed up.

post a large sign where your packages are dropped informing the driver that you are refusing delivery and take a photo of that sign in place.

good luck

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tractor Supply has water tanks in stock. They don't know if you are a cow or a person. But $5 worth of bottled water and you're good.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are living in those "interesting times" the Chinese warned us about.

I had a similar brush with silliness just minutes ago. Went to cancel my former cell phone carrier, and discovered that the rep on the phone could easily cancel an account with a single cell phone, a hotspot, and millions of tablets, but because we had TWO cell phones (nothing else, but that didn't matter), she had to seek upper management approval. Which, of course, required being on hold for about 10 minutes.

Earlier this week, my Father's Day present from my daughter in LA finally arrived. She had paid extra for 3 day shipping, and as near as we can tell, it sat in the LA post office for a month before even being passed on to the regional distribution center.

I agree, it makes no sense at all that you can't cancel an order a month before it is due to ship. And I can suggest that besides Tractor Supply, Northern Tool also stocks water tanks of various sizes. Also Southern States and other farm supply stores. Home Depot ain't the only game in town.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hate to say, but you may as well get used to even more poor/bad/nonexistant customer service.

Most supply chains have been interupted/disrupted, Company management is mainly being done remotely from home and the folks who do know what was going on are often the ones that lost their jobs.

Many companies have been trimming manpower with very deep cuts leaving a lot of folks that were not cut trying to figure out just how to get things done.

All of this is going to require considerable patience and understanding from you the customer that things are no longer what you were used to and most likely as companies have had to adapt realize they CAN get on with business with LESS manpower.

If you are able to no longer shop at Home Depot, good for you, myself, I have zero choice. It often takes BOTH Home Depot AND Lowes to find what I am needing or looking for. Neither one carries full line of everything so I end up having to shop BOTH in order to complete my projects.

Yes, you have had a "bad experience" but in reality it is just a speed bump in life.

Water tanks are plentiful if you know where to look, Tractor Supply, Rural King are typical easy places to find those.. Lesser known would be Craigslist, you can often find the used food grade blue 55 gallon drums $30 or so and if you need much more capacity often can find used food grade IBC totes (pallet sized metal cage with plastic tank liner in side)for $100-$150 with 250-330 gallon capacity.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In this case I woudl cancel with HD.. If you go to Campging world and several other places you can get bladders. These hold up to 90 gallons (perhaps more) some come with transfer pumps (some do not) you can roll 'em up (dry) for space saving storage.. Unroll one in the bed of your truck or atop a car and fill 'em up transfer to RV's on board and done.

Don't forget a Blue Boy waste tote for the other tanks .

* This post was edited 07/11/20 04:25pm by an administrator/moderator *

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

GravelRider

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered a 60 gallon water bladder from Amazon that folds up to the size of a large burrito when not in use. I already got it in the mail today. I think I'll actually be happier with this than the water tank from HD.

GravelRider

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

In this case I woudl cancel with HD.. If you go to Campging world and several other places you can get bladders. These hold up to 90 gallons (perhaps more) some come with transfer pumps (some do not) you can roll 'em up (dry) for space saving storage.. Unroll one in the bed of your truck or atop a car and fill 'em up transfer to RV's on board and done.

Don't forget a Blue Boy waste tote for the other tanks .

If I was able to cancel with HD I would have never made this thread.

A bladder is the route I went. It's not as sturdy looking as a large plastic tank, but the space savings more than make up for it.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/20 03:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even Amazon prime has gone haywire with some of its delivery promises. Now I need to go over a listing inch by inch to detect caveats. Like third party sellers. The prime guarantee of delivery date does not apply to third party sellers even though on the listing it shows it as Prime.

Barnes & Nobel, Kindle, and other digital services are impossible to deal with. Its "How's The Weather In Calcutta? Time"

Hope your camping trip turns out to be wonderful.

GravelRider

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/20 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got an email that the water tank shipped today. At least I'll be able to call the credit card company to cancel it now.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> My last Home Depot purchase...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.