cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why the delay in shipping?

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered 2 items from Camping World on July 7th and have not heard anything 4 days later. When I check order status it states In Process which it said from the beginning.

4 days and nothing. Wanted to use these on upcoming trip but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Very disappointed and will look elsewhere for future items.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
18 REPLIES 18

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah Amazon is swampped and they are prioritzing covid related items. USPS, Fedex and UPS are running normally but some shippers have reduced staffs or use the excuse of reduced staffs to take their time to ship. Once the carrier gets something it rolls in pretty normally. Once Amazon slowed shipmments many others relaxed unfortunately. Competition is good!
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello dpgllg,

We have sent you a private message with the Fed Ex tracking information for your order.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Have a good day.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
OP Here,

Well I messaged the person with a private message and got a generic we will look into it response but nothing else.Been about 4 days now.

I'm thinking that these responses to send them a PM are just a ploy to get everyone else to think that they really care and are doing something about the issue.

Dave

mogman
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered an item (not RV related), and the company sent it to a 3rd part shipper (RR Donnelly) that took 2 days. They sat on it for 6 days and then it took 12 business days to go from Miami to Canada.
Canada Customs sat on it for 3 days and it finally took 10 days for Canada post to ship across Canada.
Slow and expensive to ship stuff these days.
'15 Ford Transit 250, 3.5 ecoboost, 3:73 ls
'12 Lance 1685

Las_Vegas_Proud
Explorer
Explorer
I have Amazon Prime and the 2 day shipping is taking about a week now.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello dpgllg,

Thank you for your time, please allow us to look into the status of your order. We apologize for the delay, please provide your contact and order number in a private message.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lots of Amazon deliveries are running late.

Ordering online has jumped by a large amount because people don't want to go out and then production and shipping is messed up because a lot of people are laid off (often it's not someone directly employed by the seller).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I jump in here too

I have ordered online and I am experiencing delays in shipping with all shippers with some exceptions on Walmart and Targets free 2 day shipping even though it was from 2 to 4 days.

It is just everywhere not just CW.

JimR

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:

It likely is next day delivery. The "next day Delivery" or Prime "two day delivery" starts when they ship it. not when you order it. Deceptive practice or marketing genius?

I think it's both. Thanks. :S

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely they don't have the units in stock. Many retailers save overhead by advertising merchandise they don't have, and then waiting until they reach a certain number to achieve a volume threshold, and then they order product to, in turn fill their orders.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Has OP forgotten about the Corona Virus and itโ€™s effect on businesses? Shipping? Availability? Amazon is behind too. Is OP this demanding with his supermarket? They canโ€™t get full orders either.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
It's not just a CW issue.
Last Wednesday I ordered a plastic clip through Amazon. The clip was $7.99. Shipping was $8.99.
I thought it was next day delivery. It won't be until Tuesday.

It likely is next day delivery. The "next day Delivery" or Prime "two day delivery" starts when they ship it. not when you order it. Deceptive practice or marketing genius?
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
naturist wrote:
Because of Covid-19, and particularly the disruption to airline schedules because nobody is flying, the entire supply chain around the country is a mess. I just got my Father's Day present from my daughter in LA a couple days ago. I've seen notes on various web sites from which I've ordered things about shipping often taking longer than normal, and experienced it with numerous packages. You aren't alone, OP. And all those among us used to near instantaneous receipt of ordered goods are going to have to get used to going back to the old days when you placed an order or mailed somebody something, and it could be expected to take a while to get there.

OP here

I can accept some delay but 16 days and no there wasn't any warning about delays.

I have ordered from Amazon and eBay with no delays what so ever. FedEx UPS USPS are all still working very hard and they are all flying. The delay is getting someone at Camping World to pull the items put them in a box attach shipping label and send to shipper.