Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Why the delay in shipping?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Why the delay in shipping?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered 2 items from Camping World on July 7th and have not heard anything 4 days later. When I check order status it states In Process which it said from the beginning.

4 days and nothing. Wanted to use these on upcoming trip but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Very disappointed and will look elsewhere for future items.

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

China is a long ways away?

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not just a CW issue.
Last Wednesday I ordered a plastic clip through Amazon. The clip was $7.99. Shipping was $8.99.
I thought it was next day delivery. It won't be until Tuesday.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 09:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Because of Covid-19, and particularly the disruption to airline schedules because nobody is flying, the entire supply chain around the country is a mess. I just got my Father's Day present from my daughter in LA a couple days ago. I've seen notes on various web sites from which I've ordered things about shipping often taking longer than normal, and experienced it with numerous packages. You aren't alone, OP. And all those among us used to near instantaneous receipt of ordered goods are going to have to get used to going back to the old days when you placed an order or mailed somebody something, and it could be expected to take a while to get there.

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here,

I went and looked and now I see I can expect delivery July 23rd. That will be 16 days to get two small items.

Marcus care to address this? Why such a delay? Why wasn't I informed prior to ordering about the shipping time?

Absolutely horrible service

Dave

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

Because of Covid-19, and particularly the disruption to airline schedules because nobody is flying, the entire supply chain around the country is a mess. I just got my Father's Day present from my daughter in LA a couple days ago. I've seen notes on various web sites from which I've ordered things about shipping often taking longer than normal, and experienced it with numerous packages. You aren't alone, OP. And all those among us used to near instantaneous receipt of ordered goods are going to have to get used to going back to the old days when you placed an order or mailed somebody something, and it could be expected to take a while to get there.

OP here

I can accept some delay but 16 days and no there wasn't any warning about delays.

I have ordered from Amazon and eBay with no delays what so ever. FedEx UPS USPS are all still working very hard and they are all flying. The delay is getting someone at Camping World to pull the items put them in a box attach shipping label and send to shipper.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

It's not just a CW issue.
Last Wednesday I ordered a plastic clip through Amazon. The clip was $7.99. Shipping was $8.99.
I thought it was next day delivery. It won't be until Tuesday.

It likely is next day delivery. The "next day Delivery" or Prime "two day delivery" starts when they ship it. not when you order it. Deceptive practice or marketing genius?

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/11/20 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has OP forgotten about the Corona Virus and it’s effect on businesses? Shipping? Availability? Amazon is behind too. Is OP this demanding with his supermarket? They can’t get full orders either.

* This post was edited 07/11/20 11:13am by Lwiddis *

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 12:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most likely they don't have the units in stock. Many retailers save overhead by advertising merchandise they don't have, and then waiting until they reach a certain number to achieve a volume threshold, and then they order product to, in turn fill their orders.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/20 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

It likely is next day delivery. The "next day Delivery" or Prime "two day delivery" starts when they ship it. not when you order it. Deceptive practice or marketing genius?

I think it's both. Thanks. [emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Accessories

> Why the delay in shipping?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Accessories

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.