cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic RM2607 Refrigerator problem

deserteagle56
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Dometic RM2607 reefer in my 1996 Bigfoot. First use this year - camper is plugged in to 120 volts. The freezer compartment is ice cold - has frost in it. The refrigerator portion is staying at 80 degrees despite running for 4 hours now! Any ideas?
1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually
11 REPLIES 11

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
The forest service in one of our forest where we lived used to take out there refer units from there trailers at the end of the season and store them upside down..Also,it is very good for them to be on and take them down a washbordy road..

The Articca RV Thermostat Kit made all the difference on my last Class C RV..Cooled better and quicker..I always had the slider on near max but after installing the kit,I only had to run in about half way on there dialer..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I did some fridge testing couple years ago and 120V and propane had not noticeable differences in cooling.
12V element was lower output thought.
I recheck my thermistor and it is all the way down. I think your should go down too.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting reading. I've been having similar issues.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've discovered (like the OP) ambient conditions can significantly change the amount of time it takes these fridges to do their initial cool-downs. We've seen our Dometic DM 2663 cool down to 40F within 4-5 hours with ambient temps below 75, and as long as 12-16 hours with ambient temps above 100.

FWIW, our 18-month old DM2663 3-way fridge cools equally well on propane, 120vac, and 12vdc. It reaches 190C deg (375F) flue temps using all 3 power sources.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with a Dometic in my old Class C and replaced the thermister with this

Snip the tip

It made a world of a difference..Problem solved...
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

deserteagle56
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the replies. I put ice in the bottom drawers of the reefer and a bag of ice on the top rack, turned the reefer onto propane and started driving. When I got to my destination 4 hours later the thermometer in the reefer was at 40 degrees and it is still at 40 degrees this afternoon with the temperature hovering right at 100 degrees. It just surprised me that the reefer wouldn't cool as well on 120 volts as it did on propane. Wonder why? (and yes, the thermistor on the fins is up as far as it can go)
1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Read the manual. The fridge part temperature is adjusted by sliding the thermistor on internal fin on my model.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Check the refrigerators door for air leaks
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
Let it run 24hrs first.
al

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try putting a bag of ice in it to help speed up the cooling process. An empty fridge takes longer to cool down than a full fridge.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
just .02cts takes about ten hours for ours to cool. and your in a hot area.