cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray water tank leak.

Dan_Diego
Explorer
Explorer
I have a gray water tank leak at the outlet connection. I am not sure what I am looking at so I've included a imgur link for the picture. First time linking to picture here so hope it works.

I am unable to find any similar outlet configuration on youtube so any help would be appreciated. I will be replacing the 1 1/2" grey water valve on the other end of this abs pipe. Worth noting: the ~30" run of abs pipe (plus valve) drops approximately 1" from the outlet valve to the Y connection which joins with the black water ABS. It seems all too likely that the leak is a caused by the drop and the resulting stress at what appears to be a coupler at the outlet. I am hoping to avoid mistakes in taking this apart.

Cheers!
Dan

2005 Ford F-250 Fx4 Longbed
2007 26' FSAK Eclipse Attitude Toyhauler
3 REPLIES 3

dedmiston
Glad you solved it. Nice work.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dan_Diego
Explorer
Explorer
I took the outlet connection apart today. The 1-1/2 pipe was only 1/2 way seated into the coupling fitting. Additionally, there did not appear to be much in the way of ABS cement. I intend to clean up the contact areas and reapply abs cement.
Cheers!
Dan

Dan_Diego
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I have figured out, for the most part, what I am looking at. I believe that I have a 3" to 1-1/2 reducer with a coupler to the 1-1/2 pipe. Gonna take it apart tomorrow.
Cheers!
Dan