cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door peninsula Wisconsin

RicB
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations for a centrally located big rig friendly campground to tour the Door Peninsula, Wisconsin?
2006 42' Allegro Bus
FMCA - F311884
3 REPLIES 3

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always stay at Peninsula State Park which has some Bigger sites but on my list to check out is Wagon Trail. I have only heard good things about it.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Egg Harbor RV Resort has sites that will accomodate large rigs and one of the few CG's in Door County that has full hookups. We stay there every year.
There is a new campground in Sister Bay called Dovetail Acres that I know nothing about other than what is on their website.
We don't know what to expect this year in the County with the virus lurking around every corner. Many of our favorite restaurants will have diminished capacity and we are not even sure we want to sit inside for a meal.
One of our favorite lunch spots is Coyote Roadhouse which has outdoor seating all of the time. We like their chicken Casadilla's.
Fred and Fuzzies in Sister Bay has outside seating also.
For more eating places send me a PM.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Just returned from Door County yesterday. A group of us stayed at Harbor Village. I would not recommend it for big rigs, long stays, or close to things. I you have kids its great tons for them to do. Stay in the not tree area however. They do not have sewer so plan ahead. From there to Gills Rock about 45 min drive.

With that said my favorite is Hyland Court, http://www.hylandcourt.com/
have stayed there many times. FHU cable TV center for everything Door County.

FHY all the business, staff, customers, all most everybody is very pro active in Covid protection. All most 100% mask wearing, it was very nice to see. Then I got back home to MO and see nothing.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly