cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress Recommendations

Season
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new travel trailer and needing to replace the horrible mattress in the bedroom - it is a Short Queen RV mattress. Having to order online which I hate so wanting to know what others think about their mattress and what you recommend. Thank you so much!!
22 REPLIES 22

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
We now have an 8โ€ Serenia Sleep under the 3โ€ Serra topper. Both of us love it.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
We put the best topper we could find on our crappy factory mattress. Still not good. Like sleeping on the ground with a foam topper. Good way to discover new aches and pains.

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
sam22 wrote:
We got one of those foam mattresses that come in a box but it wasn't a short queen, which we needed, so I just cut off 6in or so and it works great. In our previous trailer we put a 3in memory foam topper on that garage RV mattress it came with but still weren't happy...woke up sore and hot.

Thank you. I believe ours is a regular size queen. Itโ€™s in getting warranty work done, so Iโ€™ll measure next week when we get it back

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
We got one of those foam mattresses that come in a box but it wasn't a short queen, which we needed, so I just cut off 6in or so and it works great. In our previous trailer we put a 3in memory foam topper on that garage RV mattress it came with but still weren't happy...woke up sore and hot.
Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

APT
Explorer
Explorer
We used a 3" topper for 10 years. I just replaced the mattress with one from Costco for about $400. We'll see how the wife likes it...
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
we bought a rv queen at overstock.com we love it. read all the reviews and go from there. just make sure you have it in the camper when you open the box,

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
72cougarxr7 wrote:
We ordered a Zinus brand memory foam short queen from Amazon and love it, i think it was the 8" thick. We have a 10" Zinus in the house. Very good mattress for a reasonable price.

Do you have the model name for this Zinus mattress? Thank you

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered a Zinus brand memory foam short queen from Amazon and love it, i think it was the 8" thick. We have a 10" Zinus in the house. Very good mattress for a reasonable price.

Season
Explorer
Explorer
PartsBob and Bears Den - do you remember which 8"model you bought? We are looking for good support when we move on it but a plush feel on top. We really want a 10" model but that won't fit under our Headboard - looks like we can only go up to 8" and hoping that will support us and be comfortable - we are not tiny people - lol!!

Partsbob
Explorer
Explorer
We have to agree with Bears Den, we loved our Zinus 8โ€ short Queen from Amazon in our camper so much that we moved it to our house Master bed during the Winter months while our camper was being stored and, when Spring came, we put it back in the camper and ordered a 10โ€ Zinus regular Queen for our house Master bed! 18 months later and we still love both, especially when you consider how much you get for the price.
Like Bears Den said, be sure you donโ€™t open the bag until itโ€™s laying on the camper bed base, plus be sure to let it expand for at least 48 hours before using, preferably with some ventilation.
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
2019 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS UltraLite Caliber Edition (previous)
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (previous)
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH (previous)

richconn
Explorer
Explorer
Short queen sleep number from camping world. Pricey, worth it for a good night's sleep. Just remember to let air down when moving to higher altitudes. Another bonus, lighter weight.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I am with the group that just added a good quality topper to the original mattress. I do not recall the brand but is about 3 inches thick and was about 6 inched to long. We cut it to fitted the mattress and it is held in place by the fitted sheet.

Good Luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 3โ€ Serta topper. Going on 5 years now.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
We put a topper on our standard mattress but it didnโ€™t do the trick. Bought an 8โ€ Zinus through Amazon. Greatest addition to our TT we ever made. Just be sure to take the mattress still in the box into your TT and then open it on your bed or youโ€™ll play heck trying to get it into your TT bedroom.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience