cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Coachmen Freelander 2130QB question

Karhoot
Explorer
Explorer
Hey! New to the forum as well as to RVing (2 months on the road)
I've figured some things out, as well as learning new things. I am truly confused as to what this thing is. It's right next to my city water hookups in the back of my rig, where the water control valves sit.
Anyone have ANY clue what this thing is?

I'm thinking it's a black water flush? But, I have 0 clue. I've tried checking all online resources I can find, as well as the manual, and have come up with nothing.

EDIT: I am speaking on the smaller valve attachment NEXT to the hose (hose currently attached so I have city pressure water into my rig)
12 REPLIES 12

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tnx for the explanation Drew, now I understand what you have . Yes, I agree, makes no sense to not use an adaptor.

Tnx, Bob

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Drew, you might be correct, I don't know about those winterizing connectors. Do you think it might be an older version of the aftermarket BT connector kit, like the one in this link ?

The below link shows a pic of a slightly different model that uses a white smooth plastic coupler instead of the older models white 'star' plastic coupling that is shown in the OP's pic, which is a threaded hose connector.

The OP's picture looks very similar to the factory winterization connector on my Coachmen motorhome, which is not a garden hose thread but something a little smaller--I'm pretty sure it's a normal NPT (national pipe thread) fitting, looks to be about 1/2" to my eye. Mine also has a threaded plug for when it's not in use, and a maybe 3' length of tubing connected to a mating fitting to use when winterizing--or when pumping water from some outside container into the tank.

I have no specific familiarity with these black tank rinse fittings. I suppose it's possible that one could use an NPT fitting and come with an adapter for a garden hose, although it seems a bit pointless to me to do so. Threading on the one is about as much work as the other, so why bother with something that requires an additional adapter bit to attach to your hose? A quick-connect fitting is a different matter entirely, of course.

Karhoot
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman wrote:
Karhoot wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Could this be the Fresh Water Tank fill location,the on board water tank is located at the rear under the bed.

Nah the fresh water fill is what my hose is currently hooked to.

How does your RV fill Fresh Water TANK?
Post another picture showing label to right.

I'm not home currently, but the fresh water hookup is where the hose is currently connected. What determines it being city pressure vs whats in the tank is by a series of valve positions. (< ^) for tank, (^ ^) for city, (< <) for winterization

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drew, you might be correct, I don't know about those winterizing connectors. Do you think it might be an older version of the aftermarket BT connector kit, like the one in this link ?

The below link shows a pic of a slightly different model that uses a white smooth plastic coupler instead of the older models white 'star' plastic coupling that is shown in the OP's pic, which is a threaded hose connector.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvn9khwdZuzkOEq3WE-Y2kuTyHzPgXgEm0tQjl2ZCRAc...

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I think it may be a suction feed line for getting antifreeze into the system for winterization. I rather doubt that a black tank flush or a normal tank fill would use some threads other than a garden hose fitting. (A gravity fill may have no threads at all, I suppose.)

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Karhoot wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
Hook up a dirty (non-potable) hose to it, open your black tank valve, and turn on the hose.

So is it usual that the flush has a different size hose attachment?
And how would I be sure that, that is infact the flush? I would hate to introduce city pressure to something that isn't suppose to be pressurized.

No, not usually. But possible.
If the manufacturer made the black flush a 5/8" adapter, and the main city fill a 3/4" connection, assuming a higher flow rate for your sinks, shower, whatever. And a slower "rinse" rate for the black tank. They may have designed it that way, to keep you from confusing your potable hose with your non-potabe flush hose? Again, who knows?

However, it might also be a second city water connector, with a check valve, that is a smaller size, for a narrower diameter hose. 3/4" versus 5/8"?
Maybe the coach manufacturer wanted to give some flexibility in case you didn't have the correct diameter hose handy.

Ultimately, you could contact the manufacturer and ask, if you're not game to try pressurizing (gently) it first.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The threaded port you are asking about seems to be a black tank flush. As suggested hook up a non potable water hose to it and you will head water entering your black tank to rinse it. Only run that water for a short period of time because it will fill your black tank as it is rinsing it.

It appears that your hose is threaded to a normal looking 'city water hookup'.
That gives your water lines a pressured connection to use water.

You also have a water fill port to fill your holding tank to carry an on-board water source so you can use your 12v pump to pressurize your water lines. That water fill port is normally just a capped gravity fill tube that is connected to your freshwater holding tank. If you wanted to or had to you could use a funnel and gallon jugs of water to add water to your holding tank, its a gravity fill tube.

ronfisherman
Karhoot wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Could this be the Fresh Water Tank fill location,the on board water tank is located at the rear under the bed.

How does your RV fill Fresh Water TANK?
Post another picture showing label to right.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Karhoot
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
Hook up a dirty (non-potable) hose to it, open your black tank valve, and turn on the hose.

So is it usual that the flush has a different size hose attachment?
And how would I be sure that, that is infact the flush? I would hate to introduce city pressure to something that isn't suppose to be pressurized.

Karhoot
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)