cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Potable Water and Dump around Badlands?

DeanHensler
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to be boondocking at the Badlands and I'm looking for a place near I-90 East of the Badlands to fill up my water tank and then a place near I-90 West of the Badlands to dump. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
I cannot find information on whether SD rest areas have dump stations and water fill stations.

They used to have them, but I have noticed the last couple of years they are taking them out. I have no idea why.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
When we did it last year I stopped at the campground right in Wall and for a small fee they let me dump and fill w water

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is a dump station and potable water in Kadoka, SD just east of the Badlands. It is located at Ponderosa RV Park. No idea what they charge.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I cannot find information on whether SD rest areas have dump stations and water fill stations.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DeanHensler
Explorer
Explorer
If there was a gas station in Wall, SD that I could fill up my tank from, that would be perfect.

DeanHensler
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Pass is on the Southeast side of the park and I'm staying on the Northwest (and headed West on I-90 after my stay). So that's a little far out of the way. It looks like there are two campgrounds in Wall, SD that I could probably dump at. The question then becomes, where can I just get Potable water before I boondock? Any gas stations on I-90 on the way into badlands that have potable water available?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Dump station is at Cedar Pass campground next to San Reifel Visitors Center.Dump Station

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Results look pretty thin,,,,,
sani dumps