Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2021 Ford Bronco
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Ford Bronco

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

LOL Shiner... Just a reminder that I'm not your boy Ryan so I'm not going into your endless back and fourth circle jerk. We're looking for my wife's next vehicle and for now the Bronco looks like it could be a good fit for her and our needs. Also the Bronco looks like it has better leg room which is important for me but will have to verify and I would have liked to see electric seats.

Then why did you quote me in the first place when all I was explaining was why this thing was not ideal for me due to IFS and why IFS is not good for the the type of off roading I do. What does you and your wife's needs/wants have to do with how I use my vehicle off road?

I basically said I was excited about this thing until I found out it was IFS and then explained why IFS is not ideal for the type of off roading I do in a subsequent post. I even stated that IFS is better for high speed off roading in that post. Then you quoted me talking about how IFS is good for you and your wife(which has nothing to do with me), and you also stated that the Bronco had a long travel suspension which I refuted. Not trying to argue here, but I fail to understand what you and your wife's wants/needs has to do with me knowing that IFS is not good for the type of off roading I do.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

LOL Shiner... Just a reminder that I'm not your boy Ryan so I'm not going into your endless back and fourth circle jerk. We're looking for my wife's next vehicle and for now the Bronco looks like it could be a good fit for her and our needs. Also the Bronco looks like it has better leg room which is important for me but will have to verify and I would have liked to see electric seats.

Then why did you quote me in the first place when all I was explaining was why this thing was not ideal for me due to IFS and why IFS is not good for the the type of off roading I do. What does you and your wife's needs/wants have to do with how I use my vehicle off road?

I basically said I was excited about this thing until I found out it was IFS and then explained why IFS is not ideal for the type of off roading I do in a subsequent post. I even stated that IFS is better for high speed off roading in that post. Then you quoted me talking about how IFS is good for you and your wife(which has nothing to do with me), and you also stated that the Bronco had a long travel suspension which I refuted. Not trying to argue here, but I fail to understand what you and your wife's wants/needs has to do with me knowing that IFS is not good for the type of off roading I do.

I don't know what type of off roading you do, but I'm sure you know what's best for you.

As for long travel suspension this reflects stock configuration.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

I don't know what type of off roading you do, but I'm sure you know what's best for you.

As for long travel suspension this reflects stock configuration.

Yes, I do know what is best for the kind of off roading I do. Hence the reason why I said it and why I also said everyone's off roading is different. If you are not looking to do any technical rock crawling and most of your off roading is above 25 mph then IFS is the way to go especially if it is also going to be used as a daily that you want the utmost comfort on.

However, if most of your off roading is rock crawling at speeds less than 10 mph and you want something that can handle more weight and abuse, then SFA is the way to go. There are many people that daily SFA's (like many Ford SD and Ram HD owners) with no issues, but I understand that there are some out there that are willing to sacrifice slow speed off roading capability and robustness for more comfort.

Neither the standard 7.8" front travel nor the 10" on the Badlands version is a long travel suspension. You would likely have to spend around $15k or more to make it a long travel suspension that would get you in the ballpark of maybe between 15-20 inches of travel. On the flip side, and SFA can go up to around 30 inches of travel with a $3,500 kit and a fender kit that will cost you between $300-700 depending on the brand.

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/20 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice rugged vehicle, but the unanswerable question at this point is- just how many of the new Broncos will EVER be driven off-road? Much like any other SUV, regardless of their actual capabilities, very very few ever see anything other than pavement under their tires. Just an observation.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/20 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Nice rugged vehicle, but the unanswerable question at this point is- just how many of the new Broncos will EVER be driven off-road? Much like any other SUV, regardless of their actual capabilities, very very few ever see anything other than pavement under their tires. Just an observation.

At least the same percentage as the Wrangler which is its direct competition. No different really than the pickup market. There is a reason the tonneau cover is such a popular option. Need to keep them groceries dry. [emoticon]

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/20 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

At least the same percentage as the Wrangler which is its direct competition. No different really than the pickup market. There is a reason the tonneau cover is such a popular option. Need to keep them groceries dry. [emoticon]

And the same can be said of all those muscle/sports cars that never see a track.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/20 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

mich800 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

And the same can be said of all those muscle/sports cars that never see a track.

True. But I have a blast going 0-60 everywhere I go. Another reason I prefer the manual. If you need to stay within legal, may as well enjoy actively driving.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/20 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

mich800 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

True. But I have a blast going 0-60 everywhere I go. Another reason I prefer the manual. If you need to stay within legal, may as well enjoy actively driving.

There is an old saying that I didn't know it was true until I drove a friends Miata. "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I had more fun driving that thing than I did my Vette that I had at the time. Of course I missed my Vette at the stop lights, but that Miata was like a little go cart on the road.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/20 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

There is an old saying that I didn't know it was true until I drove a friends Miata. "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I had more fun driving that thing than I did my Vette that I had at the time. Of course I missed my Vette at the stop lights, but that Miata was like a little go cart on the road.
Naw, I don't buy that. Or why do so many opt for the big diesel turbo?

Slow cars are just that, slow.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

RoyJ

Vancouver, BC

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 01:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

The beauty about that, is without gleaming mall crawlers, there won't be abundant used vehicles in good condition for enthusiasts to built on.

Remember, at one point, TJ/JKs, 80/100 Series, 3rd gen 4runners, LR3/4s, etc., were all street queens. Just like the modern JL / 200 Series and upcoming Bronco.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2021 Ford Bronco
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.