Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2021 Ford Bronco
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2021 Ford Bronco

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

There is an old saying that I didn't know it was true until I drove a friends Miata. "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I had more fun driving that thing than I did my Vette that I had at the time. Of course I missed my Vette at the stop lights, but that Miata was like a little go cart on the road.
Naw, I don't buy that. Or why do so many opt for the big diesel turbo?

Slow cars are just that, slow.


I think that may have been in jest. But that is not an absolute rule. At least with some of the tight tracks around here. A ton of HP just gets in the way and the lighter, better balanced cars are faster around the circuit.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/17/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

There is an old saying that I didn't know it was true until I drove a friends Miata. "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I had more fun driving that thing than I did my Vette that I had at the time. Of course I missed my Vette at the stop lights, but that Miata was like a little go cart on the road.
Naw, I don't buy that. Or why do so many opt for the big diesel turbo?

Slow cars are just that, slow.


I think that may have been in jest. But that is not an absolute rule. At least with some of the tight tracks around here. A ton of HP just gets in the way and the lighter, better balanced cars are faster around the circuit.


If you just want to have fun that can be true as long as the car feels fast. I remember driving a friends MG around 1982. The top was down and my rear felt like it was dragging the ground as I pulled out onto the road. I wound out first and second to the redline, slammed third, the engine was screaming, the wind was howling, my hair was getting tossed around and it felt like I was almost flying. I looked down at the speedometer at showed 45mph. It occurred to me that if I was in my Impala I would probably be doing about 60 and more concerned about what was on the radio than how fast I was going.

That day I learned that the sensation of speed is more about the sensation than the speed. If you don't believe go take a gocart ride. If you are trying to get somewhere then a slow car can be really frustrating. Then again, if you are having a lot of fun on a public road you are probably driving dangerously.

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/20 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

There is an old saying that I didn't know it was true until I drove a friends Miata. "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I had more fun driving that thing than I did my Vette that I had at the time. Of course I missed my Vette at the stop lights, but that Miata was like a little go cart on the road.
Naw, I don't buy that. Or why do so many opt for the big diesel turbo?

Slow cars are just that, slow.


I think that may have been in jest. But that is not an absolute rule. At least with some of the tight tracks around here. A ton of HP just gets in the way and the lighter, better balanced cars are faster around the circuit.



Bingo!


Also, to tim2roll, a truck is made to safely, reliably, and efficiently tow/haul heavy loads from point A to point B in a timely manner. A sports car is made for going fast around a track.

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/20 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I implore anyone to go rent a Miata for a day to see what I am talking about. You can really have fun driving the car while still maintaining safe speeds. That is if you are one that likes to be more engaged in the driving experience with the engine noise, manual gear changes, the feeling that you are going faster, and so on. If you are one that wants the computer to do everything and just want to get to point A to B as quick as possible then it may not be for you. Adversely having fun in a higher powered sports car means driving it very dangerously at too high of speeds for public roads.

* This post was edited 07/18/20 09:35am by ShinerBock *

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

Senior Member

Joined: 04/17/2020

View Profile



Posted: 07/18/20 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

I implore anyone to go rent a Miata for a day to see what I am talking. You can really have fun driving the car while still maintaining safe speeds. That is if you are one that likes to be more engaged in the driving experience with the engine noise, manual gear changes, the feeling that you are going faster, and so on. If you are one that wants the computer to do everything and just want to get to point A to B as quick as possible then it may not be for you. Adversely having fun in a higher powered sports means driving it very dangerously at too high of speeds for public roads.


I fully agree. I'm one of those "you name it, I've owned it" kind of guys (for the most part), and the most fun I've ever had driving over the years was in 2-passenger, soft-top little roadsters of various makes.


. . . never confuse education with intelligence

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 07/22/20 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Here's some comparisons of the Bronco vs the Jeep. Also Jeep advertised hinting with adding a 392 Hemi to the engine list.

Link


I am thinking a very expensive option. But...they are out there testing in plain sight. No camo. So unless you are close enough to hear or are observant enough to notice the dual rear exit exhaust it's just a Wrangler.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/22/20 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Here's some comparisons of the Bronco vs the Jeep. Also Jeep advertised hinting with adding a 392 Hemi to the engine list.

Link


I am thinking a very expensive option. But...they are out there testing in plain sight. No camo. So unless you are close enough to hear or are observant enough to notice the dual rear exit exhaust it's just a Wrangler.


I can't help but wonder if the Jeep will have enough radiator to cool that V8.


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


GWolfe

Kansas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2007

View Profile



Posted: 07/23/20 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

alexleblanc wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

I was excited about it until I learned it was IFS which is not ideal for the kind of off roading I do. I will stick with my JK.
The Hummer H3 was another IFS with front lockers and it was even worse than the FJ.

Folks seem to love the Toyota 4Runner, FJ and Tacomas just fine, not reason this can't be a performer offroad. Its less of a compromise to live with than a Solid front axle rig.





H3s from 08 or 09 and up could be had with a front locker.


2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

ShinerBock

SATX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 07/23/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GWolfe wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

alexleblanc wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

I was excited about it until I learned it was IFS which is not ideal for the kind of off roading I do. I will stick with my JK.
The Hummer H3 was another IFS with front lockers and it was even worse than the FJ.

Folks seem to love the Toyota 4Runner, FJ and Tacomas just fine, not reason this can't be a performer offroad. Its less of a compromise to live with than a Solid front axle rig.





H3s from 08 or 09 and up could be had with a front locker.


Yep, and they too left front end parts all over the place. Just scroll through the old H3 forums and you will see countless of threads like this..... (LINK).

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/23/20 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

GWolfe wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

alexleblanc wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

I was excited about it until I learned it was IFS which is not ideal for the kind of off roading I do. I will stick with my JK.
The Hummer H3 was another IFS with front lockers and it was even worse than the FJ.

Folks seem to love the Toyota 4Runner, FJ and Tacomas just fine, not reason this can't be a performer offroad. Its less of a compromise to live with than a Solid front axle rig.





H3s from 08 or 09 and up could be had with a front locker.


Yep, and they too left front end parts all over the place. Just scroll through the old H3 forums and you will see countless of threads like this..... (LINK).


The H3 used parts from the GM trucks parts bin which weren't designed for severe off road use.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2021 Ford Bronco
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.