cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onan code and NORCOLD

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
Please help... I am at the racetrack this week and my generator AND Fridge quit. I have an ONAN HDKAK 8000 DIESEL GENERATOR and I need to know how to reset from a code shutdown. I retrieved the code and fixed the problem (low coolant),and now I need to reset to start. Also my Norcold 1200 series fridge just quit working and it is full of food for the week. Any help ASAP would be tremendously appreciated
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby
3 REPLIES 3

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
When our Norcold 1200 suddenly quit I pulled the circuit board cover off and checked fuss. It was a 12v fuse on the board.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
FOR THE REFER. Does the inside switchbox come on and do you have any codes or error codes? Go outside and remove the outer refer door access door. See if you see ANY red LED light on? Report back. Doug

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stepping back and looking at both problems it reads like you lost house 12VDC power. The fridge needs 12VDC as control power while the generator needs house 12VDC to spin the starter. Have you lost anything else in the house? Ceiling lights, water pump, tank level indicators?

If my guess is right start the engine and set for a high speed idle. Wait a minute then press and hold the AUX START switch try and start the generator. If this works once the generator is running you should regain house 12VDC via the 120VAC/DC converter charger (actually you should regain house power when you press the AUX START switch). Won't fix the problem of why no power from the house batteries but will get you back up and allow you to work the problem and keep the fridge and coach cool.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53