cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-81 Road Work South of I-80 in Pennsylvania

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm planning to head southbound through this area with My class C no tow. Looking at Google maps seems like the work is on the northbound side. Is that the case? We'll be leaving from the Tri State RV Park in Matamoras PA next Wednesday July 23 and I can just take Rt 209 through the Delaware Water Gap and pick up I-81 south of the work area. Longer ride but better than sitting in stopped traffic.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's 850 miles long. If they resurface 20 miles a year, it will take 40 years. By then it will be past time to start all over.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I got out of the USMC in 1969 and returned to Central NY, they were working on I-81 in PA, all I've seen in the last 51 years, is they've moved the cones. 😉
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
They've been working on that forever. Last time I was up that way the construction seemed to be on the south side. Usually the construction is not a problem except at rush hour or if there's an accident.Beware Pa started putting up cameras in construction zones and will mail you a ticket if speeding in one.Fines are pretty steep.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Upon entering PA, signs read :"Men Working or Road Work Ahead". Short for: State motto and job security.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks that is a handy website.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You can check road construction on 511pa.com.
Whenever you travel in Pennsylvania assume you will encounter road repairs/construction.