Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Pls respect Canadian laws
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Pls respect Canadian laws

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the problems is a line we used to use all the time in a medical forum I used to be a moderator in "Your millage may vary"

IN this context it means laws vary from place to place. From State to State in the USA from Province to Province (Equivalent of a state) in Canada and from city to city within the state or Province.

To prove that the Govermanure of Georgia just sued the city of Atlanta. Atlanta has a "Masks Required" law and the govermanure says that thanks to that law Atlantians are not dying fast enough.

Michigan's governor On the other hand put a state wide Wear a mask of 500 Fine law in place.. Many object but in all the USA only one state got graded "A" for their response to this virus.. And "That woman from Michigan" runs it (Governor Gretchen Whitmer) True her order caused me hardship.. But it also saved 10s of thousands of lives per one 3rd party study and thus I am not complaining.

I can live with a bit of hardship
I am not sure I can live with the virus.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If another countries army was invading our country, would you grab your gun, do what you could do to slow, or better, stop that army? Knowing the invaders would try to shoot you, would you still grab your gun? You understand getting shot is uncomfortable at least?
Why not do everything you can to slow/stop the virus? Most of the developed world has shown that it can be done.

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 07:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

If another countries army was invading our country, would you grab your gun, do what you could do to slow, or better, stop that army? Knowing the invaders would try to shoot you, would you still grab your gun? You understand getting shot is uncomfortable at least?
Why not do everything you can to slow/stop the virus? Most of the developed world has shown that it can be done.

Ya, and if your "gun" was a slingshot compared to a mask? Ya drop your gun and run like a bunny. Your best bet is to stay away from the crowds of lemmings.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherman wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

Ya, and if your "gun" was a slingshot compared to a mask? Ya drop your gun and run like a bunny. Your best bet is to stay away from the crowds of lemmings.

Is Covid-19 killing people? I'm not smart enough to know. But every state is reporting many more deaths than average this year. And there is a new virus. How in the world can anybody say the facts are not related?
BTW, I understand no matter how big or small the gun, it will not kill a virus. But I stay away from people as much as I can. When PPE was short, I grabbed my face shield out of grinder drawer. When medical pros in family asked DW to make masks, I set up one of her machines in living-room to make 1 for every 2-3 she did. I feel I worked my gun pretty well.
IMHO, the only reason US is so far behind is from the start we made the virus a political issue instead of a health issue.

* This post was edited 07/17/20 08:06am by JRscooby *

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/20 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

IMHO, the only reason US is so far behind is from the start we made the virus a political issue instead of a health issue.
We have a culture of protesters and defying the government.
Currently even the federal government seems to be doing same to the medical science collective knowledge.
Amazing that we get any progress these days.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

wa8yxm

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 05:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

I might well put my skills to work helping to stop an invasion but even though I'm a "Cold shot" (means if I have to shoot you I have no problem doing it) My skills are better used elsewhere... Trust me when I tell you one well armed man is not the most dangerous foe invaders can face... (His dispatcher is).

ExxWhy

not here

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/20 09:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A good reason to stay out of Canada at the moment. A bit draconian for my tastes, though I see a smattering of applause. I bet the same people would frown on arresting someone for say tearing down a statue.

If you don't live in a nursing home, a person has a 1 in 11,500 chance of dying of wuhan virus here in Ohio. (about 1000 deaths out of 11.5 mil people) Much less than that for the average reasonably healthy person. Nursing home population is about 80K, or less than 1%. So we are going to destroy the economy of the other 99% in order to help protect a population that is already quarantined and wearing the all important maaaaaask! Hmmmmmmm

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/20 05:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ExxWhy wrote:

A good reason to stay out of Canada at the moment. A bit draconian for my tastes, though I see a smattering of applause. I bet the same people would frown on arresting someone for say tearing down a statue.

If you don't live in a nursing home, a person has a 1 in 11,500 chance of dying of wuhan virus here in Ohio. (about 1000 deaths out of 11.5 mil people) Much less than that for the average reasonably healthy person. Nursing home population is about 80K, or less than 1%. So we are going to destroy the economy of the other 99% in order to help protect a population that is already quarantined and wearing the all important maaaaaask! Hmmmmmmm

Im not concerned with the small chance that i may die of Corona. I am more concerned with the much higher probability that i could contract and pass this virus on to others. In this scenario the chance of death is very high for someone down the line.

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

wa8yxm

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/20 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Though this is a "Specific law/issue" thread I can tell you you should ALWAYS respect the laws when you travel.

True story from long ago.. A "Church" (Actually it's hundreds or thousands of independent churches under one "Umbrella" name) held a Convention in Detroit. Nothing wrong there. nothing bad happened or anything worthy of note. Detroit is a common convention town.

But several of the preachers popped over to Windsor for lunch.. You could cross the border freely back then (I did say it was long ago) Many times they would borrow someone else's car to make the trip (nothing wrong with that either Used WITH permission)

The problem is the vehicle owner had a gun.. Lying in plain sight on the rear part of the Station Wagon, and when the Canadian Customs man ask about "Anything in the car for protection" The preacher, not having looked in the back, said "NO, Nothing" The customs man says "No guns or anything".. No nothing.....

ANd off they went to Jail.

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/20 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's take the emotion and politics out of this and think logically.

We were first told that in order to stop the hospitals from being overwhelmed we needed to "flatten the curve". That's both reasonable and logical. What happens when you "flatten a curve", (push down on the top)? Since it's X axis is time then the left side can't move but when you push down on the peak the right side gets pushed further to the right.

The area under the original graph may represent infections, hospitalizations or deaths, it really doesn't matter which. When you pushed down on the peak and the right end of the graph moved further right the two things that did not change are the start point on the left and the area under the graph.

The area under the graph not changing at all is very important because that tells us that whatever you are measuring won't change in total but only the duration of events will change. So, regardless of what we do the government has already admitted that we will have the same number of events short a vaccine.

Now, we already know that the hospitals were not overwhelmed as witnessed by hospital ships going unused and 1000 bed temporary hospitals were equally under-employed.

We can therefore surmise that no one has died through lack of or insufficient hospital care. If no one has died because of inadequate care then it seems likely that if you have certain determining factors and catch the disease then you are going to die, period.

Since it is likely that until either a reasonable herd immunity is generated or an effective vaccine is created the total number of eventual infections is not going to change then it would seem sensible to allow the virus to run it's course and the susceptible will die.

Yes, there is an argument that you can extend the infections over a longer period of time in order to await the vaccine thus saving those lives but vaccines are squirrely things that look promising right up until the last minute. It's a reasonable argument until you look at what this is doing to the economy. Saving a few lives now for the death of an entire country and the resulting deaths that would bring is a bad deal in anyone's book.

Finally, our "experts" have been wrong for so long now it's beginning to be a bit of a joke. Most of these people have got their foot onto the GS pay ladder and stayed there working their way up one of the most inefficient and often incompetent systems available. They are "advising" people like Gretchen Whitmer whose entire life experience consists of leaving Law School in 1998 and entering the Michigan House of Representatives in 2000.

Compare her life experience to mine. I have lived, worked in or visited 24 countries on four continents many of them third world countries. I served ten years in the military both jumping from and crewing aircraft. I was a survival instructor and Combat First Aid trained amongst many other things. I speak three languages sufficient to get by. I have also held senior administrative positions in business for over 25 years.

Somehow, I'm expected to follow the instructions of a woman who may have gone on vacation to Mexico and Canada and who is being advised by similar people to those who gave us the Flint Water Fiasco.

I think not!!!

As to what Canada wants. It's their train set and they can play with it any way they like but just remember they are being led by a bunch of Gretchen Whitmers too.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Pls respect Canadian laws
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.