Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Big truck dealer in Idaho?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Big truck dealer in Idaho?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your in Missouri, check out Laura GMC, they are supposed to be the largest GMC dealer. A friend flew from ATL up there to get one. They beat our local dealers by $4k.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Wyldfire

ID

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/20 02:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave Smith has new ownership. Dennis Dillion took over their business model of having lowest advertising price.

Dennis Dillion

* This post was edited 07/19/20 02:35am by Wyldfire *

JALLEN4

SouthWest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always remember this, the best deals are always where you are not! If you live in the South, always go North. Same goes for East or West. The myth will always go on!

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Sadly, it is no longer a deal.

I tried them when I ordered the truck in my signature. I did better here in Phoenix, straight up with no travel expenses.
Factor in travel expenses and it wasn't even close.

That is because Dave Smith is no linger owned by Dave Smith and they don't deal like they did before which was volume. Better to actually go to surrounding dealers or a couple of other big ones which I forget the names in Idaho. Someone here will give them

2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the 1-800 back and forth with the Smith/Dillon dealerships on a 2500 Ram/6.4 Hemi. Neither could beat Melton Sales in Claremore OK for the same configured truck. Claremore is a small town dealership and a small lot so they can't compete with the size and amount on new trucks to look at.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cars and trucks now have a national market. The internet has changed the way many people buy vehicles. I did some looking around, figured out the national market, and went to my local dealer to buy last year's model in Feb. I chose a day when it is snowing. I offered $500 over the dealer invoice, and did the deal in less than 15 minutes.

I have also ordered a truck from out of state and had it delivered by transport. It still cost less than what I could do locally.

punomatic

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/20 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've bought several pickups and SUVs through vehixbuyers.com. Syd Dorn is an auto broker in Portland. He is very honest and reliable. He and his family have done much to change the laws in Oregon protecting consumers in the auto market. He can find you the vehicle you want anywhere in the country, usually within 48 hours. He does the negotiating; all you do is the test drive and sign the papers on the one you choose. DW and I and our family won't "shop" anywhere else. NOTE: I don't work for or get anything by referring people to Syd. I just hate the car buying process, but Syd has taken all the pain out of it. Good luck in your search.

DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone! I've dipped toes in a few times over the years to see if it was worth buying. With our current truck at over 350k miles and cranky it's well past time to get newer. Local dealer here treats me very well... and they have a buyer...so going to give that a whirl. Now we just have to figure out what path to take. Travel lite...or find something that will tow a TT. Covid just changed everything.

Thanks again for all the advice. Very much appreciated! CTS

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/20 10:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sadly, Smith sold out to the "modern" dealers. Their dealership still does have hundreds of vehicles stored all over Kellogg, ID. The last truck we bought was from a dealer in Spokane and was as good a deal as Smith might have had.
At one time, Smith paid a huge portion of the taxes in their county due to the sales.

Litch

Hailey,ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kendall Auto mall in Nampa will meet or beat Dave Smith prices.

2006 Chevy HD LBZ Duramax/Allison
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 30sks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Big truck dealer in Idaho?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.