Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Keeping Ants Out of My Rv!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Keeping Ants Out of My Rv!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
precioustime

Miami

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/20 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got a 34 foot motorhome, class A and would like to know how to keep ants from entering my rv and my kitchen cabinets. And what poison would be best to place around the compartments for them to eat.

JAC1982

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No suggestions on how to keep them out, but when we had an issue in our house, these did the trick. They stopped coming back after a couple weeks. Terro Ant Baits - Amazon

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x2 that stuff works. but I put the stuff in bottle caps all around where they can,t be seen. couple weeks there gone.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boric acid is the best remedy I've seen
Mix equal parts boric acid powder with powdered sugar and then moisten to a paste.
couple of bottle caps will bring them, allow them to feed for a day, and the entire nest is dead.
ant killer

SAR Tracker

Central Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

windex kills 'em.

Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to home despot and purchase a product "home defence" by Ortho, spray this arround every item that touches the ground, arround tires, jacks, hoses, electric cables etc.

Also spray inside if needed, it will last about 3 months inside and at least one month outside depending on how much rain you have, it is harmless to pets and does not smell at least I do not smell it.

navegator

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/20 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have your stabilizers down you can sprinkle comet or ajax on them to keep the ants from crawling up them and into your rig. Both the Terro bait and boric acid work well.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Lwiddis

near Jawbone Canyon, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/20 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campfire/fireplace ash.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are parked stationary for a period of time you might purchase some Diatomaceous Earth. It consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled protist. It is sold in bags as a fine powder and can be used as a mechanical insecticide. It is non poisonous and non toxic. It can be found in garden centers, nurseries, pet stores and many other locations. It has a wide variety of uses.

Sprinkle it around your tires an stabilizers and anything else touching the ground. When ants crawl through it, for them it is like swimming through razor blades. It is very Abrasive to them cutting open there exoskeleton exposing their insides to bacteria, and lots of other nasties. It also allows the fluid from their bodies to leak out. All of which will kill them.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you’d like something that isn’t toxic to kids, pets, and most wildlife, I suggest food grade diatomaceous earth.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Keeping Ants Out of My Rv!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.