cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new Ford E450 Class c

F450
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone got a new class c ford e450 with the new 7.3 engine? If you have one, what do you think about the performance?
5 REPLIES 5

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
hpdrver wrote:
Where did you get the info about the 2022 chassis.

It's in the "2021 What's New" Publication, after all the Transit stuff.
2021 What's New Manual wrote:
2022MY WHATโ€™S NEW E-SERIES NEW FEATURES
โ€ข Improved 7โ€ diagonal rear-view camera screen in windshield rear-view mirror assembly
โ€ข Revised Shuttle Bus Package to include LH exhaust routing option for 158โ€ WB โ€“ Order Bank Q2
โ€ข New scalloped engine access cover โ€“ affords greater leg/knee room in footwell areas
โ€ข FIRST TIME EVER - Standard Embedded Modem with improved performance, greater capability/bandwidth to support multiple Wi-Fi users
โ€ข Carbonized Grey replacing Magnetic

Note: This is a large PDF, so I don't recommend clicking if you're on mobile: 2021 What's New

Lot's of good stuff for the Transit in there. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more motorhomes moving to that over the Sprinter.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you get the info about the 2022 chassis.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
mleekamp wrote:
All I've seen, also on tube yube, is that the dash (gauge area only) is different, with a different steering column and steering wheel -- similar (maybe the same) as the current F series truck lines.

I've also seen 2021 Class C's on our local RV lot with the V10 chassis still used...most likely 2019 or '20 chassis the manufacturer stocks up on.

Ford skipped the 2020 model year, so it would be a 2019 chassis.

Ford is changing the doghouse for 2022, which starts production in January. No pictures that I've seen, but they promise better egress into the house from both the driver and passenger seats.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
All I've seen, also on tube yube, is that the dash (gauge area only) is different, with a different steering column and steering wheel -- similar (maybe the same) as the current F series truck lines.

I've also seen 2021 Class C's on our local RV lot with the V10 chassis still used...most likely 2019 or '20 chassis the manufacturer stocks up on. For example, our '19 Jayco C is actually built on an '18 E-450 chassis.

Our local dealer is supposed to have some 7.3 Godzilla's later this fall...so I'm planning on checking them out. (wife not happy about that!)

However, I'll say I still love my 6.8L V10. What a beast.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I have seen is apparently some of the new Entegra ones are coming out. You tube and it doesnt metion driving or show the new doghouse.