cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amana gas cooktop ignitor issue

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Amana 3 burner rig.gas cooktop with oven in our 07 Discovery. We are on our 2nd ignitor and it's starting to get flakey. Was looking at the original ignitor that I had kept and it "appears" that it is in excellent shape.

Has anyone replaced their manual ignitor with a electronic one?
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
4 REPLIES 4

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
A step drill works well for drilling large holes in sheet metal:
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I used one of these to convert to electronic. I got the 4 outlet igniter and used #4 to light the oven pilot, too. I also bought a single pushbutton complete igniter kit just for the electrode and wire. My stove is a Atwood but they are all pretty much the same. Was able to snake the wire down to the oven pilot area and used tie wire to hold the electrode in the correct position to light the pilot. It is FAR more secure than it looks! The screw hole on the electrode slid right over the sensor bulb for the pilot and the wire just keeps it from sliding back off. That is a BIG improvement for an RV range! Not having to crawl around on the floor trying to look in the oven and get the match to the oven pilot was worth it alone. In my case I had to make the hole for the igniter bigger. Used a 1/2" electrician's knockout to enlarge the existing hole from the turn starter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Red-BBQ-03340-Spark-Generator-4-Outlet-AA-Battery-Push-Button-Ignitor-BBQ/303630080503?epid=25025696977&hash=item46b1c359f7:g:TJEAAOSwHfpfF6cD

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I'll start sniffing around the web.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. Easy to do. The hardest part was drilling a new (smaller) hole in the front for the pushbutton part. I've done it twice. Much quieter way to start the burners.

Most generic BBQ igniters will work I think, as long as it has enough plugs.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE