Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Buy a 2020 Ram diesel?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Buy a 2020 Ram diesel?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ROFL
Whatever I suppose. Chrysler has been changing hands for a while. Idk better or worse, nor do I care about things I have no control over.
But back to the OP, who ghosted the thread...

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/20 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

thomas201 wrote:

The OP here. Steady down, read only the words on the page, don't plug in your own thoughts and read between the lines. I am looking for a long term relationship with a truck. I come from a mining and oilfield background so 5 years and 100k are not big intervals. It will be kept bone stock, but in case of a major failure, rod through the side, oil pump failure, whatever; what junkyard/rebuilt engines are bolt ins? I include all the electronics in the transplant.

Still, what is a good Ram truck website??? Equal to the Ford Truck forums?

5 years from now there will be junkyard 2019 and 2020 engines.
You’re missing the point. If you have to ask, it’s too complicated, electronically. Different components , diff IP, diff ECM TCMBCM etc.
Maybe possible but you’re not going to get answers as no one is swapping out the year old engines with junkyard motors.

Cumminsforum

Don't worry... Stellantis will make it better!

Nothing will make the CP4-2 better! I would bet that the Denso pump goes on the RAM before Ford does. Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

thomas201 wrote:

The OP here. Steady down, read only the words on the page, don't plug in your own thoughts and read between the lines. I am looking for a long term relationship with a truck. I come from a mining and oilfield background so 5 years and 100k are not big intervals. It will be kept bone stock, but in case of a major failure, rod through the side, oil pump failure, whatever; what junkyard/rebuilt engines are bolt ins? I include all the electronics in the transplant.

Still, what is a good Ram truck website??? Equal to the Ford Truck forums?

5 years from now there will be junkyard 2019 and 2020 engines.
You’re missing the point. If you have to ask, it’s too complicated, electronically. Different components , diff IP, diff ECM TCMBCM etc.
Maybe possible but you’re not going to get answers as no one is swapping out the year old engines with junkyard motors.

Cumminsforum

Don't worry... Stellantis will make it better!

Nothing will make the CP4-2 better! I would bet that the Denso pump goes on the RAM before Ford does. Chris

Cummins has a much longer relationship with Bosch than Ford does.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Cummins has a much longer relationship with Bosch than Ford does.

I don't think that is entirely true. What many people do not know is that Bosch also makes fuel systems for gasoline engines as well as many other parts such as sensors, spark plugs, and so one. If I am not mistaken, there were many Bosch made parts on 80 and 90 model Fords. In fact, I believe Bosch made the injectors in my old Ford 4.9L(300) inline 6.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Someone please explain why we are not hearing of newer Ford's having pump issues?

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/20 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m sure there’s the odd issue just like the cp4 rams.
I don’t troll Powerstroke forums, so don’t know....

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Someone please explain why we are not hearing of newer Ford's having pump issues?

Ford assumed GM's actions of just silently fixing them???? And quit blaming the users????

Or not enough miles on the newer ones:

"While supplying high-pressure fuel is an injection pump's job, the CP4 does so with a high probability of failing (typically around the 100,000-mile mark) and leaving owners with a need to overhaul their truck's entire fuel system, at a cost that can be anywhere between $8,000 and $10,000."

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/what-is-cp4-failure

Bosch refuses to pay Edgebrock to use their cam follower patent.

* This post was last edited 08/01/20 03:49pm by Me Again *   View edit history

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Buy a 2020 Ram diesel?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.