cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel filter question 1984 Coachman Ford

Nach_RV
Explorer
Explorer
I have been scouring the internet for information on the location of the fuel filer for my year/model RV. I am finding conflicting information, and when I go to an auto parts store, its even worse..

So being new to the RV world, I decided to join and see if I can find someone whose got the knowledge I seek. Any links to parts would also be appreciated.

This is a

1984 Ford E350
5.7L (460)
Coachmen, with rear bathroom

Thanks for your time!
7 REPLIES 7

Nach_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Tank selector valve* my apologies

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Tank cross over? If you have dual tanks filter if like GMs, it is just in front of the tank selector valve.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Nach_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the quick reply! Apprecoate the information. I have located the one at the carb, but the other is still a mystery. Only thing on the frame rail, is the tank crossover. Search continues.

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
I had an '83 E-350 with the 460 4bbl carb. In addition to a filter somewhere along the chassis rail, as already noted above, this carb has a filter in the base of the carb body, where the fuel line screws into the carb.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Maybe scour the vehicle for the filter rather than the internet?
Not too difficult. Start at the fuel tank and end at the carb. It’s in between those 2.
And it’s a 7.5L if it’s a 460.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jmattor
Explorer
Explorer
I have an E350 and a E450

The E350 filter can be found on the frame under the driver’s door:

https://itstillruns.com/how-to-replace-a-fuel-filter-in-a-ford-expedition-12384200.html

If you are running an in house generator the filter should be in line at the connection to the generator

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Never had e350 Ford!
Guessing you have two.
One inline filter on frame rail just in front of rear axle.
One screen filter in carb by the fuel inlet.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker