cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

routee from Flagstaff, az to cotter, ark though Forests

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
i have read bits and pieces and looked on the Internet but not found what I was looking for.
We want to avoid I40 and stay in the high forests from Flagstaff across New Mexico and so on to Cotter Arkansas.
Has anyone driven a route like this...and with RV Parks Resorts along the way?
5 REPLIES 5

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Once you hit the Texas Panhandle and into Oklahoma you won’t see many trees at all, much less a forest!

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
Not a whole lot of forest but Kayenta, Farmington, Chama, Taos, Eagles Nest, and east on 412 to Cotter. The "forest" will be mostly Juniper and Pinion from Farmington to Chama, then you have real forest to Tres Piedras and from Taos to Cimarron. From Cimarron to OK it is grassland, you pass through some of the Rita Blanca National Grasslands around the NM/TX/OK border area.

BTW My folks were living in Cotter while my Dad worked on Bull Shoals day. His ashes are scattered in the White River under the Cotter to Flippin Bridge.
Turret Class traveler

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
yep!

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I used Google Maps and in the options selected 'avoid highways'. I was given 3 different routes that avoided I-40. Worth a look see.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
You can do it, but it may take you twice as long. Simply Google Flagstaff to Cotter. Going fishing in Cotter?
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer