Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: After one day, I am finished.....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> After one day, I am finished.....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
ExxWhy

not here

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

At last, somebody that will say they disagree with the protesters, not the right to protest.
I agree you have a right to disagree with the goals of BLM, but don't make it a boggy-man by changing their stated goals. Never have they said "Only Black Lives Matter" One of the arguments against them is police kill more whites than blacks. Often this leads to a discussions using percentages and population numbers. IMHO it should expand the discussion to "WHY ARE SO MANY AMERICANS KILLED BY POLICE?"
BTW, over 50 years ago, another organization was formed because of police violence against blacks. Their methods, while fearful, did lead to many reforms.

I absolutely support the right to peaceful protest. I was doing some protesting of needless lockdowns myself in April and May. I can also recognize the obvious difference between a riot and a protest. One can also ask why are so many police officers killed in the line of duty each year?

No sure who is changing stated goals, or making a bogey man out of those changed goals. One should not sugar coat or hide some of those goals either. One goal (directly quoted from the BLM website) that stands out to me is.......

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

No, I will never support that goal nor any sports league that supports it either.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 07:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone else glad they won’t be around in 20 or 30 years?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 07:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am only 76 yo , so I will be here for 20 or 30 years . So far so good !

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

Anyone else glad they won’t be around in 20 or 30 years?

I see it's demise much sooner.

Empty stadiums along with fans loosing interest will certainly have a trickle down effect.
The end product will be a rationally paid athlete/entertainer.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

cptqueeg wrote:

Respect.

I would also like to point out that it has never been only the armed forces that fought for our way of life. Auto workers, coal miners, and many others fought

Got you covered. Posted: 07/24/20 02:41pm

"The vast sacrifices of vets and many others"

LJAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/20 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These threads bring to mind this quote from the movie "The American President"

"America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free"."

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/20 09:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back to topic please: "With the MLB!!! Just like all the pro sports, bunch of overpaid jerks kneeling for the Anthem. Those few that did stand, how long is going to be before you also cave. As a Veteran I am sure they can find another way to protest whatever. Now my only salvation for sports on TV is college sports, and I know the that may not last long....."

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although maybe a few are jerks it's a team sport and they've gotten along w teammates and coaches for a long time so most of them, like most everyone else is not a jerk.

They compete in an open market so they only get paid paid what someone else thinks they are worth.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/20 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pro Sports Are n longer welcome in our home, nor baseball or other team hats shoes, jerseys or anything else....and if cable won't let us unsubscribe to those channels and leave the outdoor channels we want we may cut the cable entirely.
And any products, services, or stores that advertise on Pro Sports games...we will cross the street to buy someone else's!

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes and a couple of years ago, Red Roof Inns didn't like something the NFL was doing and they pulled their sponsorship. Who even remembers Red Roof Inns and the NFL is still going strong!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> After one day, I am finished.....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.