cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dura Shield Flex film failure

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
The paint "protection" film on the front of my rig failed over the last few months. It was fine until the end of May, and now my rig looks like it has green spot measles. Drat!
Has anybody out there worked with Sharpline or Winnebago on this sort of problem?
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief
6 REPLIES 6

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
We are more than pleased with the work CDI did for us. It was something of a forced drive from our son's house in Columbia, Missouri, but the outcome was worthwhile.
Yankee Clipper

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Love CDI, the redid a spot of clear coat over the door of our 08 Itasca two years ago. The manager met me to make sure it looked ok. I asked what I owed and he said no charge. We probably didn't prep it right, so we should fix it.

Very impressive!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
This work is scheduled to be complete tomorrow. I will report to this forum the end result with photos. Stay tuned. BTW the 7-year warranty on the 3M film will start when we drive away.
Yankee Clipper

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
So here we are in Forest City, Iowa. CDI Custom Paint is standing by their work by stripping off the old DuraShield, repainting any damage, and replacing the DuraShield with new 3M film with a new -year warranty. They are not charging me for any of this. This re-defines customer service in my experience. Stunning. To cap it off, they are repainting the roof cap area on the sides where clear-coat has failed with Rhino coating.
Yankee Clipper

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
When mine was delivered from manufacturer the Dura Shield looked like ****. Dura shield sent me a new box of film for my unit and had a local contractor to pull off the old and put on the new. While pulling it off it pulled off some paint so had to have dealer repaint the grill. Then had the new stuff put on and low and behold looked just as bad so it had to be replaced again. So a different contractor came and replaced the film and it looked much better. Tired of going through the process, I was tempted to just have it pulled off and left off. DW would not hear of that so we said f-it. If I had my way Iโ€™d just pull it off and leave it off. Sharpline was good to deal with but depend on local companies to perform repair, and that seams hit or miss.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
How old is the MH? If not under warranty, you are on your own.