cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water line vibration

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Thor Chateau 31L motorhome and when we are boondocking and using our onboard water tank & water pump we are getting a terrible pipe rattle. It is the lines that service our shower and when it happens you can feel the vibration on the back side of the wall which is in our bedroom. We don't boondock much so it never bothered us to much but we are heading out in a couple of weeks and know we will be using it for 5 days. Was wondering if we took the shower faucet assembly off and sprayed expansion foam down if that would help. Hate to cut a hole in the bedroom wall to try and fix it. We figure at the factory they failed to secure the lines to a stud. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.
5 REPLIES 5

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
l had loose pipe which created similar issue - I used some round pipe insulation - provided enough support to eliminate the problem. Minimal cost.
Kevin

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
I found that my system vibrates until all air is completely purged out of the system. Go to the furtherist outlet and let it run. If you have an external shower drain that too.
RVing since 1995.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Some pumps vibrate more than others. My original equipment pump made a lot of racket. After a few years I though it was getting weak, so I replaced it. The new pump is much quieter.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Also, you can try a peice of rubber matt or carpet under the pump to quiet it down some.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Vibration is coming from the pump.

There are kits that replace the rigid piping to/from the pump with flexible hose to minimize transmission of noise/vibration.

You can also use foam rubber to isolate lines.

I would be a little concerned about spray foam, as you may need to access that areaa in the future.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/