cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires not aligned when backing up

rfaulkner99
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, wondering if this is an issue or not. I have a 30' Cherokee Grey Wolf, and when I am backing in at an angle I have noticed that one of my wheels does toes out more than the other while turning, is that normal?

Looks something like this:

|
/
4 REPLIES 4

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Its doing the same thing when going forward in a turn,.....literally trying to peel the tires off the rims :))
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
MFL wrote:
I try not to leave suspension/wheels twisted when backed in, parked. I will pull ahead/back a little to release the twist first.

Jerry

This! ๐Ÿ™‚

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I try not to leave suspension/wheels twisted when backed in, parked. I will pull ahead/back a little to release the twist first.

Jerry

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes - very common with solid axle trailer suspension systems and the equalizers used on them. As long as everything is aligned when you're driving forward in a straight line and you're not seeing abnormal tire wear, you're OK.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015