cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Predator 3500 spewing gas out of the canister vent

DeanHensler
Explorer
Explorer
I have a brand new Predator 3500 inverter generator. Only 2 hours on it. I just filled it all the way up with gas and its been sitting in the back of my truck all day in 95 degree heat. I noticed gas all over the bed of my truck so I took the side cover off and witnessed it spewing gas out of the Open Canister Male Nipple as shown in the top right of the attached photo.

Does this mean I've got too much fuel in it or is there a greater problem?

6 REPLIES 6

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
opnspaces wrote:
It's possible you overfilled it. the gas needs room to expand as it warms up.

Need to leave a 1/2 inch above fuel for expansion
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It's possible you overfilled it. the gas needs room to expand as it warms up.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 on the gas expanding, take some out a quart should do, then try the in the heat again, bet everything is fine.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cold gas expands when heated.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the gas system needs some kind of vent. One of my gas cans will shoot gas when opened during high heat. Never had this happen on one of my Hondas but I don't recall ever filling it up and leaving it sitting in the sun.

My best suggestion is "don't do that."
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes! Gasoline expands in heat.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad