cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold fridge issue

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK we have a Norcold fridge that right now is working on 120V but not on propane. It was showing a 'F' error code in the display but that has gone away. Arctic Fox 25Y TT

I assume this means that I need to clean the burner. The Norcold manual is worthless BTW.
So do I need to pull the fridge out or can it accessed from the outside. There is a panel outside roughly aligned with the fridge but I assumed that was for the furnace with is installed under the fridge.
I'm going out to pull that panel off in a minute so I may answer that myself

Just how difficult is it to pull the fridge out? I only see two screw covers on the top flange, surely there must be more?

Any other suggestions? The propane tank in near full, the oven, hot water and burner top all work. The 12 V fuse is OK.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
8 REPLIES 8

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
agesilaus wrote:
I opened it up again today and cleaned it out as best I could. This cg has a no maintenance rule. Pulling the 120V plug causes the burner to light. So I will leave it as is until we get back home next month unless it acts up again. Thanks for the help.

WHY leave it on LP?????? The F meant that the refer controls did NOT sense a FLAME. The LP lit because you have the refer on AUTO. Since you did not get another F code the burner problem got fixed. PLUG in the 120. Why waste your LP? Unless you want to do a multiday test to verify the LP is working correctly. Doug

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I opened it up again today and cleaned it out as best I could. This cg has a no maintenance rule. Pulling the 120V plug causes the burner to light. So I will leave it as is until we get back home next month unless it acts up again. Thanks for the help.
Superbumper

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Pulling a fridge is as easy as pulling a dishwasher. Our Norcold 2 door had two big wood screws on the back and a number of screws around the frame in the front. Ours is above a drawer. We used a plastic milk crate. Was proper height.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
While blowing it out may work, the correct way is to remove the burner tube and clean it.

Should just take a screwdriver-- no big deal.

And the only reason to pull the refrigerator out is if the RV manufacturer did such a poor job of locating the refrigerator exterior door that you can't access the burner area without pulling it forward/into the RV a little way.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found the door and the burner. I'll have to find some canned air here in Missoula where we are now. Thx for the suggestions.
Superbumper

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Just how difficult is it to pull the fridge out? I only see two screw covers on the top flange, surely there must be more?"

We're talking camper manufacturers so all bets are off......

....and don't call me Surely.....:P
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
The good news is that if it works on 120 volts, the cooling unit (most expensive part) is good. May be just a clogged burner or some bad sensor or possibly the control board. Good luck!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Turn the fridge off.

Find the access door.

Locate the burner.

Remove the "wind" protector.

Use compressed air to blow out the burner and the chimney. (spider webs may be an issue).

Attempt to start the fridge on propane.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.