Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Urgent need help
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Urgent need help

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Rvdad

Casa grande

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/20 10:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What should I do here? I bought a 2020 Starcraft Telluride 3 weeks ago. We’ve been in the road with it for the last week no problems. Well today we were sitting in the trailer and heard extremely loud pop! We went outside to inspect and found nothing. 30 minutes later we get an louder pop and crash noise. This time when went outside we found the fresh water tank on the ground!!!!! How and the hell does the fresh water tank just fall out of the trailer? What should I do? The closest Starcraft dealers is 100 miles and they want $2800 to load it and tow it? Should I just cut the tank out and screw the under belly up or have it towed to the dealer? ??

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/20 10:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I were you, I would take photos and document everything. I would then disconnect the tank from all lines and fittings and refasten the underbelly as securely as possible. Tow the trailer home and call Starcraft customer service first thing Monday morning. See if they'll work with you on getting it in somewhere for repair (I would avoid a Starcraft dealer that wants to charge me $2,800 to take care of a warranty problem - that's immoral). Starcraft isn't the only brand to have issues with the straps and support for fresh and waste water tanks, either.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/20 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would makeshift strap it in or yank it out completely and tow it myself to the dealer. Start with draining the tank.
Sorry camp trip is probably over. Fairly rare event but not unheard of.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 04:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rvdad wrote:

What should I do here? I bought a 2020 Starcraft Telluride 3 weeks ago. We’ve been in the road with it for the last week no problems. Well today we were sitting in the trailer and heard extremely loud pop! We went outside to inspect and found nothing. 30 minutes later we get an louder pop and crash noise. This time when went outside we found the fresh water tank on the ground!!!!! How and the hell does the fresh water tank just fall out of the trailer? What should I do? The closest Starcraft dealers is 100 miles and they want $2800 to load it and tow it? Should I just cut the tank out and screw the under belly up or have it towed to the dealer? ??

If you have GS Road Side Assitance plan, call them and have tow your trailer on a flat bed trailer to the dealer. If not then buy the GSRSA plan today.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 04:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

See if they will let you call out a mobile RV tech or get a local repair shop to do it and cover the cost.

Warranty work they will likely resist but this is also a pretty egregious failure, so if you are firm and keep going up the manager ladder and they might cave in.

Definitely take lots of pictures.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

all the above ,and mostly the rv tech ,do the work. he,ll write it all down, I,m to old to be under there.

eHoefler

ozark mountains

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds ike the tank was being filled, purposely or not ( bad chek valve in water pump )

2019 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1000FTPD of Torgue!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

question??? won,t GS only tow you to the close repair shop? can,t see them towing 100miles but I really don,t know.

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/20 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take pictures.

Call Starcraft and get the contact info to email the pictures to them.

Get authorization for a Mobil RV Tech to come to your site.

If you are at a campground, see if they have any mobile tech business cards available and relay that information to Startcraft.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/20 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure a failure at a campground like that is covered by roadside assistance. A call would verify it one way or another.

Have you contacted Starcraft directly rather than calling the dealer? That is the first place to start to get the ball rolling toward making good on the repairs.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Urgent need help
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.