cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cracker Barrel

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
Never been to one. Are they easy to access in an RV?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
72 REPLIES 72

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
"This is why I'd never eat there." Post? You may want to check most other restaurants "Nutrition" values as they mirror Cracker Barrel's PER SERVING numbers for the same item/items. I have looked at 14 national and regional restaurants nutrition numbers and it's simply the facts!

We and so many others will just keep on eating at Cracker Barrels as it's very good food and reasonably priced. That's is why most all Cracker Barrels are so busy daily!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimbo4UT wrote:
WOW guys I can't believe that my asking about parking at Cracker Barrel turned into 7 pages ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL It has been fun reading all the replies.

Thanks everyone

Jim in Stafford Va
awaiting my 3010DS 2021 Forest River Class C (I special ordered and was told maybe October or November)
Well, once you've determined that you can park at some, but not all, and you should check with Google Earth, you've pretty much covered the subject in a couple of posts. ๐Ÿ™‚ The rest is just thread drift, about why you haven't missed anything by not having gone to one. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
jimbo4UT wrote:
WOW guys I can't believe that my asking about parking at Cracker Barrel turned into 7 pages ๐Ÿ™‚ LOL It has been fun reading all the replies.

Thanks everyone

Jim in Stafford Va
awaiting my 3010DS 2021 Forest River Class C (I special ordered and was told maybe October or November)

LOL eh Jim! Amazing how things divert so much off original post (OP). So in answer to your original question, most can accommodate mid size and smaller RVers for parking, and some larger ones. You can check on your planned stopping one by checking on Google Earth/Satellite as well to see accessibility and approximate amount of parking available assuming not full at the time.

Happy and safe Travels, and as an added bonus, enjoy the high sodium, artery clogging comfort food apparently! LOL.
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
I think we are confusing a few issues here. I don't think CB ever claimed to offer a low cal,low sodium menu. CB does not offer or specialize in healthy cuisine.
Cracker Barrel serves a traditional American menu which is typically not for those watching their carbs or sodium intake.
If you want a place located close to the highway with the potential for overnight parking serving a traditional American menu CB maybe for you.
If you're looking for a low carb healthy menu CB is NOT for you.
Yes I am in the American Breakfast is greasy and not necessarily healthy camp.
CB caters to my generation.

You are absolutely correct. They serve 'comfort food' --- my favorite kind of cuisine!!! If the poster who showed the nutrition guide would post guides from Olive Garden, Denny's, Applebee's, O'Charley's, and all the others, the numbers would be the same. Healthy food comes from HOME, not from restaurants, not ANY restaurants. Even the 'home town' places probably get deliveries from a Sysco truck on a regular basis.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Yeah typical RVnet ....
But everyone forgot the most important part. CB serves beer now!
And greasy breakfasts have a great place in life. How else you soak up the booze from the night before? Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks everyone

Jim in Stafford Va

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I think we are confusing a few issues here. I don't think CB ever claimed to offer a low cal,low sodium menu. CB does not offer or specialize in healthy cuisine.
Cracker Barrel serves a traditional American menu which is typically not for those watching their carbs or sodium intake.
If you want a place located close to the highway with the potential for overnight parking serving a traditional American menu CB maybe for you.
If you're looking for a low carb healthy menu CB is NOT for you.
Yes I am in the American Breakfast is greasy and not necessarily healthy camp.
CB caters to my generation.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. ๐Ÿ™‚

You forgot to mention the rest of the triad: obesity.
Yeah, kind of go hand in hand in hand. ๐Ÿ™‚

And is true with ANY restaurant and ANY processed food items. Look at the sodium content anywhere you dine. It's off the charts!!
And that's an excellent reason to avoid most franchise food places. A lot of them simply "warm up" the frozen food they get from the home office. Applebees, for one, and Olive Garden mostly use prepared foods. They don't have chefs, they have preparers. IME, most non-franchise restaurants that prepare their own food, are better at using non-processed food, and thus less sodium content. But JMO of course. YM(eals)MV. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its a parking lot. Big deal. What is the point of having an RV if you are going to camp in parking lots?

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

And kind of makes you understand why the "Greatest Generation" has such high incidences of heart disease and diabetes. ๐Ÿ™‚

And is true with ANY restaurant and ANY processed food items. Look at the sodium content anywhere you dine. It's off the charts!!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
JimK-NY wrote:

Then there is a balance with hot or cold cereal, fruit and milk. You might as well just eat that in the RV.

True but some days I want something I'm not prepared to cook in ye old home on wheels. or perhaps I just don't feel like cooking..

And CB manages to do a healthy meal.

yesterday I went to a local (non-cb) place they have stuffed peppers (Which I do prepare from time to time) and cabbage rolls (Which I had for supper) which I also like but do not prepare locally.

Tonight it's meat loaf.. Prepared locally.. Sliced and wrapped. Re-heated with steam for 30 minutes. with potato and carrots plus dessert with out any sand.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote: