cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water hose too short?...again....?

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Why didn't EYE think of this...ever have to s-t-r-e-t-c-h that water hose and are just a wee bit messed up? The new collapsible water hoses will take that scenario away. I am on an Off-Road camping FB page and someone asked the question this morning....Amazon to the rescue!

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
28 REPLIES 28

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
rk911 wrote:
memtb wrote:
rk911 wrote:
memtb wrote:
noteven wrote:
I have never owned a Special White RV Potable water hose that didnโ€™t laser align the draining end with my tenny shoe as I was wrassling the last loop...

Try wrestling one with temperatures in the single digits F. About as much fun as โ€œtightlyโ€ rolling-up a 50 amp power cord! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ memtb

thereโ€™s a way to avoid that from happening. donโ€™t be out in that insane weather!
:S ๐Ÿ™‚

Itโ€™s pretty rare that weโ€™re at a campground with cool temps....so the cord doesnโ€™t see much cold weather use. We donโ€™t need the power cord when boondocking! Winter camping is often the best camping! Sometimes (not that often) single digit temperatures are the daytime high! 3+ weeks fall/winter boondocking in the mountains, living with the animals (the four legged kind) is our kind of RVโ€™ing! memtb

not for us. hate snow and cold. and the only ice we like us in a glass. be safe and enjoy.

Thanks rk, We havenโ€™t done anything this summer....too much work at home. But, looking forward to some camping in November/December! Hope that you folks enjoy the rest of your RVโ€™ing season! Be Safe and donโ€™t step on any Covids! ๐Ÿ˜‰ memtb

thanks but we're staying home till January when we're 'sposed to head for AZ but we'll likely cancel that, too.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
memtb wrote:
rk911 wrote:
memtb wrote:
noteven wrote:
I have never owned a Special White RV Potable water hose that didnโ€™t laser align the draining end with my tenny shoe as I was wrassling the last loop...

Try wrestling one with temperatures in the single digits F. About as much fun as โ€œtightlyโ€ rolling-up a 50 amp power cord! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ memtb

thereโ€™s a way to avoid that from happening. donโ€™t be out in that insane weather!

Itโ€™s pretty rare that weโ€™re at a campground with cool temps....so the cord doesnโ€™t see much cold weather use. We donโ€™t need the power cord when boondocking! Winter camping is often the best camping! Sometimes (not that often) single digit temperatures are the daytime high! 3+ weeks fall/winter boondocking in the mountains, living with the animals (the four legged kind) is our kind of RVโ€™ing! memtb

not for us. hate snow and cold. and the only ice we like us in a glass. be safe and enjoy.

Thanks rk, We havenโ€™t done anything this summer....too much work at home. But, looking forward to some camping in November/December! Hope that you folks enjoy the rest of your RVโ€™ing season! Be Safe and donโ€™t step on any Covids! ๐Ÿ˜‰ memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
If my water hose is too short, my 45 gallon water bladder in the truck bed works. Every time. Folded up for storage, it takes up almost no space.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
rk911 wrote:
memtb wrote:
noteven wrote:

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
memtb wrote:
noteven wrote:

Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
noteven wrote:

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Our "Flexzilla" 5/8" hoses coil up tightly without kinking even in sub-zero temperatures. They're the same size as standard hoses, just much more flexible. The excess also coils up neatly under our coach when the full length isn't needed to reach the spigot.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:

Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
There is a warning about "Streatchable" hoses in the world of RV's (like the Pocket hose)

They Retract when pressure is lost. and can pull the inlet off an RV.
Easy fix it is true but easier not to fix.

For taste.. IF you use a filter (And I suggest you do) put it as close to the RV as you can get it. Not at the park end of the hose but at the RV end. You may need a short (like 3')hose for the final link. Or the ultra short that comes with the filter in some casews and a 90 degree elbow connector.

Its not a stretchable hose. At lest the zero g isnt. Its the same lenth. It just fold up easier, is lighter, deploys faster and takes up less space then your drinking hose. Thats because it dosen't have a rigid jacket. It has a cloth or nylon jacket So it will not pull out anything.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is a warning about "Streatchable" hoses in the world of RV's (like the Pocket hose)

They Retract when pressure is lost. and can pull the inlet off an RV.
Easy fix it is true but easier not to fix.

For taste.. IF you use a filter (And I suggest you do) put it as close to the RV as you can get it. Not at the park end of the hose but at the RV end. You may need a short (like 3')hose for the final link. Or the ultra short that comes with the filter in some casews and a 90 degree elbow connector.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I'll keep my Zero G hoses. We have over 200' of hose for when we camp without water hookups and have to use a spigot that might be quite a ways away to fill our fresh water tank. They don't retract but they are so much easier than a standard hose and a lot lighter. We also have a 25' Zero G hose that we use when we have water hookups. his is our 4th year with them. no issues so far.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
When needed I have 250' of collapsing hose that rolls up flat. Generally the 25' is fine.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
don't those magic hoses have to be filled/pressurized to be extended. so don't you need to pull/stretch them out to reach the spigot or whatever before you can put water in them?
seem impractical to me since there are flat and oval hoses that take less room that a standard one.
bumpy