cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saying good bye to a old friend..Our Lance 815

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
By the end of this week my Julie and I will be heading for Forsyth, MO. I've sold our 2002 Lance 815 (bought it new) and we'll be dropping it off on our way to pick up our new 2020 Bunduvry camper by BundutecUSA in Raymond, Ia. We have had many adventures with our Lance 815 but it's time for something a little more comfortable, yes it will be another TC! here's a few photos of where our rig has taken us to!

Deadhorse ,Alaska

Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, Canada

Death Valley, Ca.

Death Valley, Ca.

Bradshaw Trail, Ca.

Bradshaw Trail,Ca.

Tuweep Area, North Grandcanyon, Az.

Outside of Rockville, Utah

Gold Butte BLM, Nevada

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog
11 REPLIES 11

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Dang I sure like the look of the aluminum side campers! Was sad to see my Lance go also but you have to make room for new adventures. Can't wait to see your pics!
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
Good you found a buyer.
My Lance 1161 did not want to sell even for 1/2 of NADA value, so I finally parted it.
Used nice interior for traveling van conversion and still got about $2000 in sold parts.
Good luck with new TC.

That's unfortunate, as most TC's retain value quite well, the one's that aren't saggy, rotten and slide outs falling out of them anyway.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Alex:

Wow....your expeditions were synonymous with that Lance of yours.

When I met Rory Willett (super nice guy) and saw his first model BunduTec hardside truck camper at the (first) Overland Expo East, I was very impressed. That first model even had the Truma waterheater/furnace combo built into it. Way ahead of its time.

Hope we all see photos of your new rig on your future expes!

Cheers,
Silver-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Good you found a buyer.
My Lance 1161 did not want to sell even for 1/2 of NADA value, so I finally parted it.
Used nice interior for traveling van conversion and still got about $2000 in sold parts.
Good luck with new TC.

gbsteph
Explorer
Explorer
Love the old Lance 815. I retired my 2002 back in January and traded it for a Host Cascade to fit my new truck. The 815 performed well and I never had any problems other than normal maintenance. She was good and solid to the end, lots of good memories. They gave me $6000 trade in value for a 18 year old camper that I paid 12500 for new. Enjoy your new camper.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pictures of your travels with the camper. Our Citation pickup camper went to the snow a lot.
Good luck with the new one. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Great trips! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the new one.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your memories. Enjoy your new rig.

Neal47
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome, we also have been to these places. Great memories.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
You two certainly have been around Alex. Glad to hear you're not retiring.
Want to see pictures of the new TC.
Cal

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Great memories and pictures. Never will understand why Jim Daytonโ€™s name isnโ€™t mentioned along with Shortyโ€™s on that sign.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad