cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Theater seating sofa malfunction

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hey we just purchased a theater seating sofa and in 3 weeks the pull mechanism to release the footrest malfunctioned, the cable did not break but something did, I felt it give whe I pulled it. Has anyone experienced this with theirs?
4 REPLIES 4

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
That would be great but the way Lippert built the seating you can not get a visual from bottom or top, the side panel will have to be removed to get to the mechanism and the cable isnโ€™t broke, Iโ€™m sue something else in the release malfunctioned. Well yes lippert will have to take care of it

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
12th Man Fan wrote:
Those are usually pretty easy to fix. Flip it upside down and see what came loose. Since they are new the Mfg. should agree to ship any needed parts for free.

Good luck.

X2 I had a similar problem with a lazy-boy at home. Called Lazy-Boy and they mailed the part out, no charge. Could be something as simple as a nut or bolt not tighten properly when assembled. The hardest part would be taking it out and turning it over.
Posting the make of the theater seating sofa, may get a response from an owner with the same specific problem.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
12th Man Fan wrote:
Those are usually pretty easy to fix. Flip it upside down and see what came loose. Since they are new the Mfg. should agree to ship any needed parts for free.

Good luck.

X2 I had a similar problem with a lazy-boy at home. Called Lazy-Boy and they mailed the part out, no charge. Could be something as simple as a nut or bolt not tighten properly when assembled. The hardest part would be taking it out and turning it over.
Posting the make of the theater seating sofa, may get a response from an owner with the same specific problem.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer

Good luck.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition