Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: More water needed....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More water needed....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Gary,

dry shampoo is useable.

My Class C has two fresh water tanks--one under each bench seat. Is that space available to you? (I have a total of 66 us gallons).

If that were not enough I'd add two receivers on the front of the RV, build a "cage" and put an extra tank there.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We boon dock a lot. Our 37ft fifth wheel came with a 44 gallon tank as its ment for FHU. We have 4-6 gallon water jugs and pump the water into the main tank. Easier to move and store 6 gallon water tanks than 30-50 gallon tank.

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As stated water is about 8 pounds so it would probably damage the roof. I have a 60 gallon bladder and it works fantastic but you’ll need a trailer or something. It folds up and fits in a 1’x1’x3” box. I’ve filled it full on a utility trailer and filled partially in the back seat of a pickup and also partially filled it in the bed of the truck with a bunch of other stuff in the bed that it conformed to. The material is very strong. I bleach it lightly for storage. Its surprisingly stable when its filled on the trailer and I expected it to want to roll around like a big blob but it didn’t. Im sure if you maneuver sharply enough it might roll

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When everything is perfect you might get away with what you're proposing ... but that ain't my life. My last trip didn't look too tough on the map/forums ... but they didn't talk about the sh*tty roads/elevation/tight turns which would have made having additional weight on the roof a nightmare. If hair washing is a deal breaker ... buy a bigger rig.

Kevin

2oldman

south

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

I no longer have a receiver hitch for a trailer or a carrier.
They still make them.

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get a hitch and utility trailer. Then buy her a water bladder and yourself an atv or trail bike

dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Carry this stuff. Much lighter

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh come on Gary, the hair's not that long, not is the need to dry camp that long so critical. (Is it?)
Is there space above your bike contraption? How about adding another tank under the bed? I'll ask the question you asked me: after you do what it needs do for you, does it really make sense to invest in it?

I know, I don't want to think about the answer either... Sigh.

PartyOf5: Us 2 & 3 pre-teens trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

hotpepperkid

Kingman AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camp near a river or lake

2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That load spread out over that area on the roof I do t see any chance of damaging the roof. But I would NOT want to have that weight up there.
A bladder is the right idea, but on the floor somewhere. IMO

Look at wake board boat ballast bags. Can get em in many shapes and sizes and can get them made to any shape and size you want as well. They’re tough. And close out model stuff is super cheap if the size works.
Anything from a couple hundred lbs to 1100lb sacs are readily available.
That and a ballast pump pre made cig lighter plug in with a long cord and hose.
I’d search for a spot inside the camper that you could stash that thing, personally.

Don’t do it often, but have packed 50gal in one of my ballast bags on the back seat floor of the truck, to camp and then unload it once out tank is empty.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More water needed....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.