Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: More water needed....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More water needed....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes..the square water jugs might be the best answer. I can put a couple 3 on the front bumper and a couple in the tub..no water jugs on the floor.

Rats..I was like sooo wanting the roof top...oh well, saved me a tonne of cash.

Gary

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary,

I've always used jugs for drinking water in my RV. It works well. I get them from the Reverse Osmosis water "stand" at Safeway or other grocery stores. They last about 5 years. They are a translucent blue, so it is possible to see the water level.

Pouring them into the gravity fill for the fresh water tank may be an issue. None of us are as strong as we were ten years ago.

Where my gravity fill is located, I could use a tube and siphon the water into the tank, going out the window beside the dinette.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JAC1982

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Woman here. Long hair too, but jury is out on the she-devil part (husband can probably tell you). I like to wash my hair at least every 2 days, even when boondocking, especially since we like to do RZR rides while boondocking and things get pretty dirty. I am very careful with water usage elsewhere so I can do this... ie use disposable cookware, drinkware and dishes so I only have to do dishes every couple days. Brush teeth outside using bottled water. Could even do dishes with bottled water using a tub outside if needed to conserve both water and gray tank capacity.

I also have it down to a science... wet hair just enough to be able to suds the shampoo (could do this part with a bottle of water outside prior to undressing and getting in the shower). Turn off water flow. Get the suds going, wash the rest of me while I'm at it. Then rinse all at once. I've never measured how much water I use, but I'm guessing I don't use more than a gallon or two.

Edit to Add: I also use cheap Suave shampoo vs the more expensive stuff I use at home. It suds less.

* This post was edited 07/30/20 11:03am by JAC1982 *

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

Even if you succeed in finding a suitable method of transporting the water you need, you still need to find a legal way of getting rid of it. Aren't you supposed to have grey water and black water capacity equal to the potable water capacity?

Some areas allow gray water on the ground

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even in highly populated and regulated campgrounds getting rid of grey water is usually not an issue. I have a 5 gallon bucket as a trash can. I can use it to take a few loads of grey water to where ever the tent campers are supposed to dump their grey water.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the jugs on a front mounted cargo carrier. Simple and easy. And as long as you are out in the boonies and have bio-shampoo, an outdoor shower takes care of the grey water issue.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes the gray valve will weep if not full closed. [emoticon]

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Some areas allow gray water on the ground"

I have never been to a campground that permitted gray water to be dumped on the ground but...Even if you are somewhere that it is not outright prohibited, please DONT! It stinks to high heaven and everyone knows it. The garbage scraps in there will attract critters and not in a good way. Come on now folks, a little common sense here pleeeeese!

[emoticon]

BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No food scraps in my Grey water. The kitchen sink is plumbed into the black tank. It depends on how a coach is plumbed.

BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

"Some areas allow gray water on the ground"

I have never been to a campground that permitted gray water to be dumped on the ground but...Even if you are somewhere that it is not outright prohibited, please DONT! It stinks to high heaven and everyone knows it. The garbage scraps in there will attract critters and not in a good way. Come on now folks, a little common sense here pleeeeese!

[emoticon]

There is minimal odor when I empty my grey water tank. It is mostly shower water. For the kitchen sink, I have a fine screen that filters out all but very small food particles. Again, I have never had an issue emptying the grey water. It goes where ever the campground has designated for waste water for tent campers. There is almost always an area available which is often a sink or drain outside the rest room facilities.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> More water needed....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.