cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Older Escalade pulling a 30 foot TT

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Was not in any position to get pictures, darn it.

Yesterday saw an older Escalade, thinking pre 06 ish. More dressed for a car show than towing a longer TT. Probably at least 20 inch, fancy chrome spoked rims with VERY low profile tires. Our Honda Accord has 50s and they looked at least like 50's or worse. The TT was at least 30 foot. Probably a good 6 inch negative rake. Looked ready to takeoff, not tow.

Some people are truly blessed.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
8 REPLIES 8

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
My theory has always been, ide rather be on the road with a great driver and slightly overloaded combo than a new driver and a perfectly setup combo! But that's just me!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
You want a good laugh. There is a guy on a Facebook RV group that says you donโ€™t need a WD hitch on 3/4 ton and up trucks. He calls them sissy hitches. Meanwhile his own pic shows his 2500 sagging in the back badly. Even goes so far as to say he tows 12-26klbs a weight carrying hitch regularly and has no sag. I gave up on him after that! So even those that buy a HD truck canโ€™t do it right!

I try to keep a considerable distance from any and all trailers. Hitches, brakes, maintenance and tires are an issue on way too many, and incompetent drivers add to the list.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
You want a good laugh. There is a guy on a Facebook RV group that says you donโ€™t need a WD hitch on 3/4 ton and up trucks. He calls them sissy hitches. Meanwhile his own pic shows his 2500 sagging in the back badly. Even goes so far as to say he tows 12-26klbs a weight carrying hitch regularly and has no sag. I gave up on him after that! So even those that buy a HD truck canโ€™t do it right!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The Caddy most likely has a self leveling suspension. They were rather troublesome and kits were developed to eliminate the system. I'll bet the thing pumps back up when he is underway. It's hard to tell without the photos.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
That's why it's amazing that a person has to acquire a CDL permit with specific training to drive a truck pulling 40ft trailer but yet us RVers can pull anything without any knowledge or training.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
That was me, are you offended by it? Want a pic for your basement wall?
Lol
No actually Iโ€™m up in your neck of the woods. But I the guy in a โ€œseverely overloadedโ€ 3/4 ton pulling a heavy boat off of a 2โ€™ bar stick hitch extension...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully the blessing will extend to those driving near them.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Cadillac used to have a slogan, the mark of excellence or something like that... Maybe the owner is a true believer in that brand.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed