cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping world strikes again

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
renewed good sam membership(member since 2002) and received a $30 gift merchandise certificate which expires today. I live in northern Delaware so I use the camping world in N.J. but with covid-19 I can't go to N.J. unless I want to spend 2 weeks in quarantine. I called good sam and the young lady said I could use the certificate when I ordered on line. After an hour and a half on the phone talking to 4 different people, I got absolutely nowhere. CAMPING WORLD WILL NOT honor their own certificate when shopping on line or extend the expiration date. So much for GOOD sam.
2013 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ D'Max 4x4
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2017 peterbilt.
Truckin 38 yrs. Car Hauler 25 yrs. Camping my whole life
12 REPLIES 12

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly,

Thank you for you time and posting. I would be happy to address any questions or concerns you might have. Feel free to send me a PM with your contact information.

Thank you,

Mark
Good Sam Customer Care Team.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to just say thats its nice good sam does stand behind there stuff!
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
poorboy wrote:
renewed good sam membership(member since 2002) and received a $30 gift merchandise certificate which expires today. I live in northern Delaware so I use the camping world in N.J. but with covid-19 I can't go to N.J. unless I want to spend 2 weeks in quarantine. I called good sam and the young lady said I could use the certificate when I ordered on line. After an hour and a half on the phone talking to 4 different people, I got absolutely nowhere. CAMPING WORLD WILL NOT honor their own certificate when shopping on line or extend the expiration date. So much for GOOD sam.

You mis understood, its a simple spelling error.

Can easily become a Goodscam if you dont complain loudly enough.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Poorboy,

Thank you for giving us a chance to make things right. If you ever need any help please feel free to reach out to my Team. We would all be happy to help.

Thank you,

Mark
Good Sam Customer Care Team

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
Amy to the rescue. Got a phone call from Amy at CW and she took my order and honored the gift certificate, products on the way.
Thank You Amy,
Greg
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2017 peterbilt.

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
yes i did try to order on line, the cw site would not accept the certificate # in the appropriate box at checkout. thats when i ended up on the phone with 4 different people for an hour and a half trying to place my order using the gift certificate they had sent me.
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2017 peterbilt.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello poorboy,

We apologize for the experience you have had with the merchandise certificate. Please provide your contact number in a private message and I will contact you to assist with your concerns.

Thank you,
Ella

Very nice!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Easy there. GS made an offer with conditions. They donโ€™t have to modify the offer based our your telephone calls. Their โ€œobjectiveโ€ is to get you in their store and they are willing to kick in thirty bucks for it. Not unreasonable. Welcome to retail.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello poorboy,

We apologize for the experience you have had with the merchandise certificate. Please provide your contact number in a private message and I will contact you to assist with your concerns.

Thank you,
Ella

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
poorboy wrote:
I called good sam and the young lady said I could use the certificate when I ordered on line.

CAMPING WORLD WILL NOT honor their own certificate when shopping on line

Did you try to use the certificate online?

Moved from ATC

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
i don't understand. didn't you state that CW would honor it online?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle