cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my new class C sorta :)

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to order a new one from the factory to get everything we wanted at once and we went thru a dealer.

This is how i worked the deal.

He had a 3010DS sun seeker 2021 on this lot. I got him all the way down to the price i wanted (this is the premier package with all the goodies and solar) then wife noticed it was white and not full body paint - there was no picture but it was listed as white in the specs i just missed it. So i had him price me the exact one i was looking at but with full body paint. So now i know what they are charging for full body paint jobs :). Wife gets to pick it all out and she is very happy about that. This is our second and last rv we will ever purchase. We have to wait 3 months and that is just fine with us. We didn't want one till Oct or November anyway and he gave us a price that was 7,000 lower than anyone else on the net and we get everything we want. Another plus is the dealership is only 120 miles away. One happy camper. This is our second Forest River product and i can only hope it does as good as our first.
8 REPLIES 8

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
wife has really good taste

That’s why why she picked you Jim .

We rv guys have to stick together. When we see an opportunity to give a friend a plug, we do. :C

Nice usable floorplan on your new class c . Cant wait to see it. Ya’ll come back now. 🙂

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks fx2tom,wife has really good taste and yes expensive taste too 🙂

We feel lucky to full time rv 2 different times in our lives. This time we go until well the end i guess - or we can't do it any longer due to age.

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
I like that Indigo full body paint. Looks sharp.
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
PartyOf Five wrote:
That's really nice, especially if you're satisfied with their build quality. Care to share any additional numbers?

Got 41,000 off msrp of 115.000 Paid 74.000 plus tax, title, etc
Had a dealer in California tell me its 115.000 ONLY and he said he had a waiting list for this model Blah Blah who knows if that is true. It's not a buying frenzy here on the east coast as far as i can tell. It may seem that way because inventory is low due to 2 months of no rv's being made. BTW i was on the phone with a dealer yesterday and he was mad that i would not pay 95,000 for the same rig. He called me 4 times.
I hope the fit and finish was as good as my Forest River Day Dreamer fiver - 37 feet long. Believe it or not the only thing that went out was the microwave light and they gave me a new microwave - i tried to find the bulb but they insisted on a new one. Oh and they put new tires on it (only had 200 miles ) but they called me as the ones that were on it were China Bomb tires. Thats it. Knock on wood 🙂 OOPS and the fireplace.

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
No it was not an option. My feeling is the V10 has been around forever and all the bugs are worked out. I am not in the mood to break in a new engine for Ford. Been there done that in the past and told myself never again. I think it is only like 20 more horsepower too but don't quote me on that.

By the way wife just showed me a picture of the new class C with indigo paint schene that she picked out. It's a blue/gray color scheme and I like the fact that she is happy with what she picked out. Hey she is the one paying for it, I just get to drive it 🙂

Jim

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
That's really nice, especially if you're satisfied with their build quality. Care to share any additional numbers?
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
Which power train did you get?
Can you get the new Ford 7.3L if you order?
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

elwood58
Explorer
Explorer
Well done. Sounds like it will be worth the wait.
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C