cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic awning

iamalienru
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dometic power awning 915gl21.00 product# 958324251 that i am going to replace the fabric I have been looking for a pdf of the internal diagram of the unit need to know which is the spring side and which is the motor side or are there springs on both sides calling dometic is at least an hour wait on the phone i know the process of removing the fabric but knowing whats inside would help. Any info would be appreciated
Tom
6 REPLIES 6

iamalienru
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the infomation the fabric came yesterday so i will soon be replacing the old one Dometic really needs to work on there customer service i was 2nd in line on a call yesterday and it took 40 minutes to get through i ask for a schematic of the awning gave them my email address and they told me it was on its way never showed up.These items are pricey you would think they would do a little better job. Maybe they should rethink the term customer support.
Tom

Mr__Pinky
Explorer
Explorer
I have been going through the same thing with Dometic. I called about trying to find parts (or a complete new awning) for one of my small window awnings. I spent almost an hour on hold and when I got to number three in line I was cut off.
I finally gave up and sent an e-mail. They responded to my e-mail, apologizing, but still gave me no info. on the awning.

What next?
"STUFF" HAPPENS, GET OVER IT

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
iamalienru wrote:
Awning on the passenger side so looking at it left would be the rear of the coach correct?

yes. Doug

iamalienru
Explorer
Explorer
Awning on the passenger side so looking at it left would be the rear of the coach correct?
Tom

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are several good u tube videos on changing out the unit. Happy travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Motors are always on the forward rh side. Torsion spring is on the rear Lh side. Doug