cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Jayco GrayHawk Prestige 29 MVP Water Overflow?

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Since I got my new cement pad I've been under the coach for the 1st time. Good look at the Fresh Water tank. I don't see any Fill Overflow drain hose??? Just Low Point drains. This is my 5th Motorhome and all have had Overflow hose in case I over fill it it, it won't turn the tank into a giant water Balloon till it explodes. Any clues? :h
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
9 REPLIES 9

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mini screens ? Or add petcocks.

Dont drink water from the holding tank, use bottled water.

I have access to holding tank which is under my bed.
I cut an 8” hole in the top of the tank to match a marine deck plate that i installed to cover the 8” hole.
I unscrew the deck plate to allow me to reach inside the tank to clean it. I could not believe how much slime i wiped off that interior plastic and i always sanitized my tanks with bleach as suggested. Bugs always find their way into holding tanks thats why i never drink that water.

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Now that I'm dealing with it...How do I keep bugs from climbing into those hoses?
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Problem Solved! There IS drain hoses. 3 small hoses extend down from the top of the fresh water tank on the left (Drivers) side of the tank.
Joe & Charlotte

Gabby & Molly are Dogs

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
No real gravity fill anymore ? Hmm , maybe it's time to carry an extra pump in case the pump goes south.

I started carrying an extra pump when my OEM pump died on Sat noon of a holiday weekend 75 miles from rv help.
Its $79.00 insurance and you can keep the extra pump if you change rvs.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

His Jayco does not have a gravity fill. It fills from the City water connection. Doug

Mine does also. There is a selctor valve for filling, normal usage (with water pump), city and winterize. Next to the hose connection, there is a hole which is the overflow.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
cross21114 wrote:
Do you have a little hole next to the water connection? I no longer trust my overflow which had a large bug crawl in it and die. M tank did swell up. Fortunately, caught it without damage (I have nightmares about that).

Our tank is under the master bed. Now I lift the bed and watch the water level as it fills.

His Jayco does not have a gravity fill. It fills from the City water connection. Doug

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a little hole next to the water connection? I no longer trust my overflow which had a large bug crawl in it and die. M tank did swell up. Fortunately, caught it without damage (I have nightmares about that).

Our tank is under the master bed. Now I lift the bed and watch the water level as it fills.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
just fill the tank and then when it gets close to full, drop the water to a trickle and then observe where the water comes out. Jayco DOES vent the tank. Doug

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably a quick fix by drilling your own and running the line over to the fill up door. Most parts available at Lowe's or plumbing store. I replaced mine and put an on/off valve in the line so I don't keep loosing water on sharp turns as I've been doing (usually lose 10+ gallons by the time I get to my drycamping site). Last weekend, didn't loose hardly a drop.