Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Winnemucca to Klamath Falls on 140
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Winnemucca to Klamath Falls on 140

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
UtahBluegrass

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all of you. I hadn't thought about fuel so I appreciate the reminder. We're good for 300 miles on a tank but I'll make it a point to top off at Denio and Lakeview.

2013 Evergreen Everlite 29RLW
2013 Ram Laramie diesel 4x4
Parties 10, Feeds 4, Sleeps 2

J herb

So. Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UtahBluegrass wrote:

Thanks to all of you. I hadn't thought about fuel so I appreciate the reminder. We're good for 300 miles on a tank but I'll make it a point to top off at Denio and Lakeview.

We have been that way two times and one time they were out of gas at Denio but we had enough to make it to Winnemucca, I wouldn't trust that they will have gas at Denio. This was 4 years ago so fill up in Winnemucca and you will make it to Lakeview.

J herb

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

one of my favorite roads,very little traffic,i love the scenery. one small climb
be aware of livestock on the roadway.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks to donkeydew.
Do your best to never drive roads like this at night. Much of the rangeland in Nevada is not fenced. Horses and cattle on the road are hard to miss at night. You cannot see them very well, and you cannot stop very fast when towing.

Willcamp4

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have driven the route from Adel OR to Medford in Hwy 140, as recently as two years ago, and it's a beautiful drive. I have not driven the section from Denio to Adel, but I am attaching a link of a video of the descent of the pass between the two, but it is probably a video of the 8% grade going the opposite way; E/B. Other than that section I think it's a nice drive. https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/oregon/doherty-slide-white-knuckle-driving-or/?fbclid=IwAR1S0BUCEaRGrqYm-KQanMYVblRnYHopWW2M46zMKR-5r9-90z4HqgVcxoc

Willcamp4
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Crew Cab, Lariat, 6.7L PSTD, Air Lift rear suspension.
Alpenlite Valhalla Limited Fifth Wheel, two Solar panels, four six-volt batteries, two Honda EU2000i generators

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Winnemucca to Klamath Falls on 140
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.