cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Hummer has crazy good specs. 1000 HP and 1150 torque.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Cut and paste from the article. Wow. Just wow.

1,000 horsepowers
11,500 pound feet of torque
Open air infinity roof
Modular sky panels
0 to 60 mph acceleration in 3 seconds
Adrenaline Mode
Crab Mode
Ultium Battery
Super fast charging
Next Gen SuperCruise
Ultra vision camera

Hereโ€™s a link.

https://electrek.co/2020/07/29/gmc-hummer-electric-pickup-new-pictures-features/
41 REPLIES 41

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like GM will have another heavy weight SUV in the form of the Cadillac Lyriq. I have seen a couple different numbers for towing but 5000 lbs has popped up more often than the others. Meh. Good enough for getting the boat to the lake etc. I think it will find a market among the glitzy Cadillac buying sector. Late 2022 or early 2023 arrival depending on what you read. It will be hopelessly out of date for the charge speed and range by then but that is probably not important for its intended audience. (150 KW charge rate and 300 miles of range? Really? In 2023? ). Looks kinda cool in a Cadillac sort of way. My guess is close to 90 grand ish.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/06/cadillac-reveals-lyriq-electric-crossover-with-19-kw-charging-option-...

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
time2roll wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Itโ€™s true that GM doesnโ€™t seem to be paying attention to Aerodynamics. At this point they seem to be only planning annual production of 10,000 to 30,000 vehicles so not really a serious effort. No word on wether theyโ€™ll keep producing the bolt which has seen sales fall below 20,000 units. At some point they will have to mass produce an EV but no one knows what that will be right now.
Production is the easy part. GM need to build a compelling EV that people actual want to buy. Even then GM will have to force feed the independent dealer network to actually push to sell these EVs and wreck the dealers profitable business model of over maintaining ICE vehicles. 3,000 mile oil change may actually end with EVs.

But part of it the price point. I'm not a GM fan but the bolt is a solid little car. Whats killing it is the MSRP is pretty much the same as a Tesla model 3 SR. When the consumer checks both out it's over before it starts and that is obvious in the sales figures. GM has to close the gap on at least a few of these areas before they can charge even close to the model 3.

* Autopilot (Bolt doesnt even have TACC)
* Performance
* Security
* Drive up access to a national network of chargers. EG, no apps to start charging, RFID cards etc. Just plug it in and charge, all the billing is automatic.
* Voice control on the most basic model.
* Better seats

It really doesn't need any of the above if its a 25000 dollar car, but at 37000, UGH. A basic standard range Tesla without autopilot is 35000 bucks.

They have to get serious if they want their sales people to not embarrass themselves when they sell them. Our local lot still has 2019's waiting for customers and yet the number of model 3's in town just keeps growing. Mostly SR pluses but still.

The bolt starts to make sense around 10 grand cheaper than the model 3. At that point its a solid buy. GM is not the only manufacturer with these problems. The rest do as well although the Leaf SL Plus is optioned out pretty close to a model 3 SR Plus ...and still a little pricey in comparison.

All the above JMHO of course.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reisender wrote:
Itโ€™s true that GM doesnโ€™t seem to be paying attention to Aerodynamics. At this point they seem to be only planning annual production of 10,000 to 30,000 vehicles so not really a serious effort. No word on wether theyโ€™ll keep producing the bolt which has seen sales fall below 20,000 units. At some point they will have to mass produce an EV but no one knows what that will be right now.
Production is the easy part. GM need to build a compelling EV that people actual want to buy. Even then GM will have to force feed the independent dealer network to actually push to sell these EVs and wreck the dealers profitable business model of over maintaining ICE vehicles. 3,000 mile oil change may actually end with EVs.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
kw/00 wrote:
So.... I guess all these deleted and programmed diesel kings are not so cool anymore......lol
The coolest part is the billowing black smoke to engulf any person or vehicle that has an intolerable point of view or lifestyle.
Hummer will not work well for for the cool diesel group.

A properly deleted and tuned truck doesnโ€™t billow black smoke, if it is billowing black smoke there is unburnt fuel/not enough air. My wifeโ€™s deleted/tuned 09 Chevy smokes less than my 2013 with all emissions intact, and the 09 is pushing 730hp.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
kw/00 wrote:
So.... I guess all these deleted and programmed diesel kings are not so cool anymore......lol
The coolest part is the billowing black smoke to engulf any person or vehicle that has an intolerable point of view or lifestyle.

You can still do the same with directed injected gasoline vehicles, but without them seeing it. In fact it is even worse for you than diesel particulates because they are fine enough to get into your blood stream. But since people don't see it , they don't care as much to what they do see so you can get away with engulfing anyone you want with PM and they won't even know.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Reisender wrote:

So you continue to talk **** about GM, and then ignore my statements that you should go research what GM has publicly released.

Updated Bolt, Cadillac Lyriq, GMC Hummer, and all the others!

Not talking bad about anyone. I have read about their plans. I think the bolt is a great little car. They just donโ€™t produce very many and are priced to close to Teslaโ€™s so they have a hard time selling them. There are still 100โ€™s of 2019โ€™s for sale across the continent. GM is the one that said hummers will not be built in high production numbers. Ford and GM together Hey are only forecasted to produce 320,000 EVโ€™s combined by 2026. So yah. At this point they havenโ€™t decided to go into serious EV production yet. Iโ€™m sure they will eventually. But at this point it doesnโ€™t seem like itโ€™s part of their business plan. Nothing wrong with that. As long as they and their shareholders are fine with it then all is good.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/electrek.co/2020/03/26/gm-and-ford-plan-to-make-320k-evs-in-2026-less-th...

Iโ€™m not a GM guy mostly because any vehicle we have owned from them has been junk and certainly nothing one would keep past a warranty date. But it doesnโ€™t mean I want to see a North American company that employs many crash and burn. Having said that another bail out wouldnโ€™t amuse me either.

Cheers.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:

So you continue to talk **** about GM, and then ignore my statements that you should go research what GM has publicly released.

Updated Bolt, Cadillac Lyriq, GMC Hummer, and all the others!
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
time2roll wrote:
kw/00 wrote:

You are correct sir!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/PI_Jl5WFQkA
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
kw/00 wrote:

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
noteven wrote:
What has been the approximate depreciation of a BEV operated 30,000mi / year from 5 years ago?

Very brand dependant. Tesla model 3 has the least annual depreciation of any vehicle at about 5 to 10 percent per year. BMW i3 has the worst at 38 per cent. Best to google it though because even within TESLA brand it varies widely. Model X is the worst and model 3 is the best.

Also region dependant. Leaf batteries have always had trouble with heat and degradation. Leafs sold in Spain and the southern US see significant depreciation. Leafs sold in Canada and Norway much less as there was/is little battery degradation.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/399758/tesla-model-3-best-car-buy-new/amp/

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
What has been the approximate depreciation of a BEV operated 30,000mi / year from 5 years ago?

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Well the previous Hummer presented an image of wasteful indulgence and environmental Armageddon at 8 to 11 mpg.
The electric version might have a tolerable reputation if they can keep it on the road with all that power.
I

I'm kind of surprised GM is using the Hummer name, in that it was indeed a love/hate relationship with the American public. Automakers usually don't resurrect names unless they had an extremely positive following, like the Bronco. You'll never see GM bring back the Corvair nameplate, Nor Ford the Pinto nameplate. I guess time will tell.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Sucker born every minute!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold