cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC's on a 34ft Bounder acting up

RustyMacIntosh
Explorer
Explorer
My 96 Bounder Class A has sat behind my gates for the summer. I went to get it ready to maybe use this weekend. I plugged the AC cord in, and found neither front nor rear AC would work.

The front comes on fanwise, as does the back. But when put on COOL the unit begins to skip. It will come on briefly then go quiet. Sometimes multiple times within a second or two. IT does this over and over. Never does the compressor come on.

The back unit was working earlier this summer. It also now fan only. But on low fan, when you put it on cool it also begins to skip. Like it is trying to kick the compressor on.

Do I have low amps? I'm plugged into the house. I have heavy cords to the plug.

Also does the same thing with the generator on.

I have only tried this with one ac at a time. Has the capacitor gone out on both units?

Or are they DOA and ready for new ones. This unit has that Fleetwood Bounder intelligent panel on the wall btw.

I do have a 10k generator across town that maybe would produce more amps...or the units DOA?
3 REPLIES 3

RustyMacIntosh
Explorer
Explorer
that is what I am thinking too Doug, I will look at Youtube to figure out how to swap out the capacitors first off

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Since it does the same thing on Genset, I would either test the Comp start capacitors or just replace them. They are cheap. The reason I would replace is age of unit and you have to go on top to gain access to the electrical box for the AC units. Go on top to get the part number of the Start capacitor from one unit and get the Capacitors and then go back up and then replace since you will be up there. Since it does the same on Genset, your Intellitec system is not a factor. Doug

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
You say you are plugging into the house. How many amp circuit are you plugging into? A 15amp circuit will not be enough to run your air. Stop trying until you have a 20,30 or 50 amp circuit. Even with 20 amp it will be hard to do if the converter has kicked on to charge your batteries. Turn off converter breaker.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand