Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Comprehensive mobile app for campsites/grounds/rules
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Comprehensive mobile app for campsites/grounds/rules

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
silverbullet555

Boise

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there a comprehensive app that shows all or the vast majority of campgrounds? We were coming through the sawtooth range up near Stanley, ID and some of the campgrounds were on google maps and some were not, even though they were all official campgrounds that were government managed (USFS, ID State, etc.)

I did download dyrt, reserve america, recreation.gov.

James
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab 4wd 6.5' bed
1995 Northland Grizzly 860 camper
2002 Cobalt 226

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For years I have found the app, Allstays Camp & RV to be my best tool for finding campgrounds. RV Parky is a newer one that also gets good reviews.

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have done many Cracker Barrels in many states, and have stayed overnight in several. Have always enjoyed their food, and the prices are not out of line. However, the one in Jackson, Tennessee which is close to us, has suffered some during the crunch times. Visited there for lunch several days ago, and the food quality was definately DOWN. We will watch and see, hopefully it was just a bad day.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

Have done many Cracker Barrels in many states, and have stayed overnight in several. Have always enjoyed their food, and the prices are not out of line. However, the one in Jackson, Tennessee which is close to us, has suffered some during the crunch times. Visited there for lunch several days ago, and the food quality was definately DOWN. We will watch and see, hopefully it was just a bad day.

Nice story. Relevance?

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

work2much

Jackson Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allstays and campendium are pretty complete. Freecampsites.net is also a good resource for free or cheap typically dry camping on public lands.

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable LFP battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.
2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2400 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

You OK John?

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The RVParky app shows all campgrounds. Private, state and Federal.
Great App.

Touring in our 2010 Suncruiser, beaches, site seeing, national parks, chillaxing..

FULLTIMEWANABE

De Winton, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

James, if you are in known USFS areas check out the MUV Maps. I'm finding as time is going on I'm enjoying using Ioverlander.com more and more. Of course all these apps Freecampsites.net, Campendium etc etc are only as useful as to how many of us keep updating them on our findings, so over time our order of play on public type apps tends to change. USFS MUV maps after getting a bit of practice with them can be really useful, and google satellite zoom in shows us pretty well what is doable access and what might not be.

That's what we find helps us most.

It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/20 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to the Sawtooth national forest page on the net and you will see the campgrounds for that forest.

Sawtooth National forest campgrounds

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/20 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Because there are so many, and because they do come and go, it is difficult to have every single one with any accuracy at all. As a result, I've found it very helpful to have several such apps. The one I usually start with, only because it seems to have the largest number listed, is Allstays. I also use RV Parky, and Rec.gov. I recommend all three.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Comprehensive mobile app for campsites/grounds/rules
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.