cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free-for all Lahontan Reservoir Camping

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
It's not actually. free, it's $15 a night, but oh gawd, Friday evening it's free-for-all party time.

I thought. the ranger was joking when I asked as a first timer, as to where can we camp.

And she was serious, you can camp anywhere, and most choose their own beachfront real estate.

Then out with their disco lights, campfires on 105 degree early evenings and blaring music -- then some fireworks into the night.

No rule. no HOA.
16 REPLIES 16

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Nevada, the party goers are always around. Everything is legal. If it offends your refined sensibilities, then go somewhere else. My most obnoxious camp ground experiences by far have been in California and Arizona.

Nevada has 276 mountain ranges. You can see some of the smaller ones from Lahontan Reservoir.

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
gtnsmlr wrote:
We stayed there the middle of October last year, had the whole beach to ourselves, It was a nice stop, will do again this year on our way south.

How cold? Thought this is flat lands, but notice the many thousand feet it's above sea level.
high desert, as I recall it was cool and mild.
The older we get, the faster we go

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
We are heading that way in late September and hopefully all the party goers will be gone. If not, Fort something is just down the road.

And imagine having an instant beachfront location -- which I wish I can do in Oregon coast (allowed to drive only but not camp, lol.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
gtnsmlr wrote:
We stayed there the middle of October last year, had the whole beach to ourselves, It was a nice stop, will do again this year on our way south.

How cold? Thought this is flat lands, but notice the many thousand feet it's above sea level.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading that way in late September and hopefully all the party goers will be gone. If not, Fort something is just down the road.

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
The older we get, the faster we go

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plenty of places are similar. Lake Havasu, AZ, Lake Shasta and Lake Orovile, CA.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Sounds like Lake Havasu 24/7.

Still even with this pandemic?

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
pigman1 wrote:
Self correcting Darwinian problem?? Give it a few weeks and it'll probably thin out.

Puzzling really since there seems to be a very thoughtful regard for each others safety with everyone wearing mask and doing social distancing in the nearby civilization called Raley's.

While in the camp, we will wear mask when we go about outside of our campsite. Then others without the mask seems to deliberately come nearer for no other business than to be a nuisance health risk.

We. pray that Darwin will not strike an multi-family group of shoreline campers in the hope that theirs is a bubble of everyone recently tested-negative.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like Lake Havasu 24/7.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, we bailed out after two nights figuring out it's gonna be wilder over the weekend.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have fun! Not my kind of gig by any means, but if it floats your boat, go for it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Self correcting Darwinian problem?? Give it a few weeks and it'll probably thin out.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nevada is not for everyone. thank God.